Samsung Galaxy S3 will not turn on someone help me before I die

Felisha Daniels

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
So today in class my phone fell off my lap onto the floor. I have a soft, pretty decently thick silicone case so I thought okay my phone is fine. Plus the fall had to be no more than 18 inches maybe. Ever since then my phone has not turned on. I've taken the battery out for hours, tried charging it, restarting it, basically everything. IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I mean the phone is on, the screen is just completely black. My buttons work, my sounds work when i touch the screen, but the screen is just still black. I honestly dont know what to do and I freaking love my phone. Its the best thing thats happened to me and if it doesnt come on I'm going to freak out because my mom wont buy me a new one, and I'm not working right now. Please anyone help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a bummer. Since the screen still responds to touch, I'm guessing that the screen itself and the touchscreen digitizer are intact, but maybe the backlight is busted. There might not be anything you can do on your own. I suggest bringing it to a cellphone repair shop and see if they can help--tell them you think the backlight is broken.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi, my guess is the lcd has broken and probably it's hardware issues. Bring it to Samsung center for checking or nearest repair shop just to make sure what's broken and for cost estimation.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OLED screens like that on the S3 don't have a backlight. Either the screen itself is damaged, or the connector to it got knocked loose. Either way, I agree that you need to take it to a repair shop.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So today in class my phone fell off my lap onto the floor. I have a soft, pretty decently thick silicone case so I thought okay my phone is fine. Plus the fall had to be no more than 18 inches maybe. Ever since then my phone has not turned on. I've taken the battery out for hours, tried charging it, restarting it, basically everything. IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I mean the phone is on, the screen is just completely black. My buttons work, my sounds work when i touch the screen, but the screen is just still black. I honestly dont know what to do and I freaking love my phone. Its the best thing thats happened to me and if it doesnt come on I'm going to freak out because my mom wont buy me a new one, and I'm not working right now. Please anyone help.

Bummer. This is probably something that requires the device to be opened.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3