Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GTWalling
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Next Update 4.2 or 4.3?

What is the next update for the Galaxy S3 and when do you think we will get it? I thought we were supposed to get it over the summer but now I am hearing October. I'm just curious when we will get it.

Global Posts
    16,832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon ROM

Default Re: Next Update 4.2 or 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by makris0000 View Post
    What is the next update for the Galaxy S3 and when do you think we will get it? I thought we were supposed to get it over the summer but now I am hearing October. I'm just curious when we will get it.
    One of the most likely reasons for the delay is Samsung may be going straight to 4.3. Which is why it is taking so long. There was a leaked version of 4.2.2 just before mid summer, but that was all I heard.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by makris0000 View Post
    I am also hearing 4.3 in October...

Posted via Android Central App

No one outside Sprint and Samsung probably know for sure, but the rumors (for what that's worth) are pointing to 4.3.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I believe Samsung mentioned during their Unpacked event that both the S3 and the S4 would be getting the 4.3 update soon. But they did not say how soon.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
    Thanked by:
    makris0000 likes this.

Nothing there that rises above the level of rumor.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3