4.3 for Sprint GS3 anyday now.

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
ok i just looked up the update version and its "L710VPUCMJ5", somebody previously posted that same version on 10-16, so it hasn't been changed in 4 days

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
ok i just looked up the update version and its "L710VPUCMJ5", somebody previously posted that same version on 10-16, so it hasn't been changed in 4 days

That must be good news. Well hopefully because from my poor understanding that means that it has been stable for awhile and almost ready for the OTA

Posted via Android Central App

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It is now "SoftwareNumberL710VPUCMJ6" Very minor change, hopefully that was just a last few cherry on top things to release it! It is about that time of the month (22-27) when they usually release updates for the SIII.

nohoch

May 20, 2011
Visit site
On a different forum there was a link to an update prediction of one of the local spring affiliates announcing November 25th

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Wow, another month after what they hoped of when it would be released. I guess that shouldn't be too surprising. Hopefully it's actually released though and not one of those work on it, work on it, work on it, give up and go to the next version scenarios.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if this update will get the extra camera features of the S4? Or if they still think they might release some of those features on the S3?

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
This one might be true, since the sales of the Galaxy Gear is really bad. But I wonder if the carriers can slow down the release of it or Samsung can encourage them to release it faster. Especially for Christmas sales of the Gear.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

Yeah, seems this time around Samsung, the carriers, and even the retailers have some incentive to roll out this update ASAP. They want to make sure all of these phones are compatible with the Galaxy Gear watch before the holiday gift buying season starts up.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
This one might be true, since the sales of the Galaxy Gear is really bad. But I wonder if the carriers can slow down the release of it or Samsung can encourage them to release it faster. Especially for Christmas sales of the Gear.

And personally I wouldn't buy a S3 or Note 2 if it wasn't going to work with the Gear. That's if I didn't already own these devices and was a normal consumer

madsdad928

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the gear is going to be a big hit. If it was a stand alone device it would be huge but its basically a remote for the phone in your pocket. At 300 bucks i'll pass on that all day long

Sent from my SPH-L710

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the gear is going to be a big hit. If it was a stand alone device it would be huge but its basically a remote for the phone in your pocket. At 300 bucks i'll pass on that all day long

Sent from my SPH-L710

I agree. But Samsung is trying to sell it and if that means we get a update quicker, it's a great thing. It also shows that the carriers hold releases until they are good and ready to release them.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
"SoftwareNumberL710VPUCMJ9" It is still actively being worked on and changing, so if that schedule is true I would imagine we would stop seeing a version change within the next day or two so they have a solid product to release, rather then something changed the day before release.