Google Music question

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've seen ads how Google Music was now supposedly free. I'm using Pandora and iHeart Radio for the time being. Pandora it seems plays the same music over and over again. iHeart Radio is OK, but I sometimes have problems with it.

I recently checked out Google music and it seems I can't even use it unless I agree to a 30-day trial and then further agree to a $9.99/month charge after 30 days. Just wondering if there is something I missed in regards to Google Music, as I am looking for an alternative music application.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Music has never been absolutely free. It's always been a free trial, then a monthly fee after the first month. If they advertise it as free, it's typically something like, "Try Google Music for free," which doesn't imply it's free forever.

Have you tried Slacker?

Posted via Android Central App

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
The "free" part is if you have a lot of your own music you can download their updater, point it to the folder you have your music stored and it will store up to 20,000 of your music for free in the cloud. Sometimes it will just match the song, other times it will upload, but it is free and yours. Then you can sign anyone into your account for music only. If you need to listen to any of the songs or albums offline you can pin them and they will download to your phone. Also any time you add a new song to the designated folder it will automatically be updated, if you have it set that way.

This is the way we use Google Music, we have over 400 CDs and I moved the ones we wanted to the folder, otherwise I mostly use Slacker (free) for music and Stitcher (free) for podcasts.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Music as SD426 indicated. I've got about 10,300 tunes in my library that I've uploaded...most of which was before they started matching your MP3s to the ones in their database. I'm also a Pandora One subscriber...it's a great service for a very good price. I've not had tunes playing over and over on that. Maybe my channels are tuned more effectively...I dunno. At $3/mo...it's well worth it.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would try out slacker radio, but I keep getting am invalid package file error. Hopefully I can get this to install at a later time.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to install from Google play and kept getting an invalid package file error. As soon as I turned on wifi and connected to my wireless network, there were no problems getting the application to install. The problem was most likely the Sprint data connection which seems to stop working effectively when I leave home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad