Samsung Galaxy S3 hardly holds a charge?

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So, I've had this phone for almost a year now and it will barely hold a charge. The battery goes down so quick, its dead within about 1.5 hours of unplugging it. Yea, I have some apps on here but not that many. Example of the quick discharge, I typed this about 5 minutes ago (3:28PMEST) and it was at 40%. Now, as of posting this (3:35PMEST) it is now 26%. Can't take it to spriny fir fear they might see that it is rooted and the previous "attempt" to root it might be on file. I don't know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

scribleofbaja

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Before buying a new battery. Have you tried anything like, Batter Battery Stats (Paid app)
or Battery Stats Plus (Free/Paid app) If you're rooted I take it you have a custom recovery?
Might want to try out CWM and clear the battery stats. Do this only on a fully charged battery,
or at least as close as you can get. Also are you running a custom rom? If so have you tried
to clear everything and re-flash? If you're not on a custom rom, have you at least tried to
re-flash TW stock? Hopefully something will help but it just might be a new battery that does
the trick ;)
Good luck!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So, I've had this phone for almost a year now and it will barely hold a charge. The battery goes down so quick, its dead within about 1.5 hours of unplugging it. Yea, I have some apps on here but not that many. Example of the quick discharge, I typed this about 5 minutes ago (3:28PMEST) and it was at 40%. Now, as of posting this (3:35PMEST) it is now 26%. Can't take it to spriny fir fear they might see that it is rooted and the previous "attempt" to root it might be on file. I don't know.

It's not on file. The only way for them to find out is if they check the binary count. You can erase all trace of the root and any custom ROMs pretty easily.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
In order to really help you, we need some data. Charge the phone to 100% (not 99%, not 98%) than unplug it. Use it normally until the battery is down to somewhere around 50%. Then take some screen shots and post them here.

In settings, tap battery, and do a screen capture. Then tap the graph at the top of the battery screen, and do a capture of the new screen that appears. Now tap the back button to return to the battery screen, and tap the row labelled "Screen," and do a screen capture of that. Post all three here.

Without data, all anyone can do is guess.

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
In order to really help you, we need some data. Charge the phone to 100% (not 99%, not 98%) than unplug it. Use it normally until the battery is down to somewhere around 50%. Then take some screen shots and post them here.

In settings, tap battery, and do a screen capture. Then tap the graph at the top of the battery screen, and do a capture of the new screen that appears. Now tap the back button to return to the battery screen, and tap the row labelled "Screen," and do a screen capture of that. Post all three here.

Without data, all anyone can do is guess.

Will do. Will post pics tomorrow.

Douglas Hadsock

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Be sure your not running Bluetooth 24-7
My Bluetooth drains the battery , I have an app that switches off Bluetooth if on WiFi. You don't need both on
GPS can eatup battery location checks used by Google don't need GPS to work force them to use WiFi only under settings check your memory settings maybe that's a problem
I sent one S3 to Samsung under warranty the said it was corroded s3 isn't water proof
Sweaty pockets can create
Salt bridges in side phone this will short phone. Had an outlet behind a saltwater tank
Melt down sweat has salt tiny transistors can easily be shorted by dust sweat,.sugar
Your power loss maybe a short. And batteries hate heat
Couple days in a hot car can damage them. They need to warn people.
Doug

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk