1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 hardly holds a charge?

So, I've had this phone for almost a year now and it will barely hold a charge. The battery goes down so quick, its dead within about 1.5 hours of unplugging it. Yea, I have some apps on here but not that many. Example of the quick discharge, I typed this about 5 minutes ago (3:28PMEST) and it was at 40%. Now, as of posting this (3:35PMEST) it is now 26%. Can't take it to spriny fir fear they might see that it is rooted and the previous "attempt" to root it might be on file. I don't know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB stock

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 hardly holds a charge?

Try a new battery

Posted via Android Central App

Before buying a new battery. Have you tried anything like, Batter Battery Stats (Paid app)
    or Battery Stats Plus (Free/Paid app) If you're rooted I take it you have a custom recovery?
    Might want to try out CWM and clear the battery stats. Do this only on a fully charged battery,
    or at least as close as you can get. Also are you running a custom rom? If so have you tried
    to clear everything and re-flash? If you're not on a custom rom, have you at least tried to
    re-flash TW stock? Hopefully something will help but it just might be a new battery that does
    the trick
    Good luck!

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTheGiratina1 View Post
    So, I've had this phone for almost a year now and it will barely hold a charge. The battery goes down so quick, its dead within about 1.5 hours of unplugging it. Yea, I have some apps on here but not that many. Example of the quick discharge, I typed this about 5 minutes ago (3:28PMEST) and it was at 40%. Now, as of posting this (3:35PMEST) it is now 26%. Can't take it to spriny fir fear they might see that it is rooted and the previous "attempt" to root it might be on file. I don't know.

It's not on file. The only way for them to find out is if they check the binary count. You can erase all trace of the root and any custom ROMs pretty easily.

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

In order to really help you, we need some data. Charge the phone to 100% (not 99%, not 98%) than unplug it. Use it normally until the battery is down to somewhere around 50%. Then take some screen shots and post them here.

In settings, tap battery, and do a screen capture. Then tap the graph at the top of the battery screen, and do a capture of the new screen that appears. Now tap the back button to return to the battery screen, and tap the row labelled "Screen," and do a screen capture of that. Post all three here.

Without data, all anyone can do is guess.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    In order to really help you, we need some data. Charge the phone to 100% (not 99%, not 98%) than unplug it. Use it normally until the battery is down to somewhere around 50%. Then take some screen shots and post them here.

In settings, tap battery, and do a screen capture. Then tap the graph at the top of the battery screen, and do a capture of the new screen that appears. Now tap the back button to return to the battery screen, and tap the row labelled "Screen," and do a screen capture of that. Post all three here.

Without data, all anyone can do is guess.
    Will do. Will post pics tomorrow.