1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are there any roms that allow stock group chats?????

Hey all,
    I have been a sprint gs3 owner since launch and cant take not being able to participate in a group chat in the same thread. I have tried several third party apps to no avail. I am willing to root and flash a rom if it had a stock messaging app where I could both view and reply to friend's in a single group chat thread. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks !!

Default Re: Are there any roms that allow stock group chats?????

Most of the TW based ROMs, like Wicked Sensations, MOAR & The Peoples Rom use the stock sms. They just theme the app to match their ROM.

sent from a GS3 gone wicked
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired

I actually had really good luck using Handcent 4.9.1 (not the current version in Play) You have to make Hancent the default messaging app for both SMS and MMS. Make sure on the APPLICATION SETTINGS page under Settings you have Made Handcent the default and then scroll to the bottom of the APPLICATIONS SETTINGS page and CHECK Thread Group Conversations. Here's the page for the 4.9.1 APK. Know it's not a ROM but it works for me for now.
    Just use the DOWNLOAD link towards the bottom of the page not the PLAY link. Oh yea and don't upgrade to the current version of Handcent it's aweful...see reviews if not sure.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the speedy response. So your saying if i tried any of those roms, it would be the same messaging app as my stock gs3, so I'd still have the same problem?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for responding quickly! Yeah I used the one in the app store, maybe Ill give this a shot. Thanks, so I only need to change the settings you listed, I know with the handcent from the playstore I read online a long list of things to change, which i did, but it didnt work lol.