Is there any update on 4.3 for the S3?

629Classic

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed the zip from this thread 4.3 and up Discussion Thread - Page 145 - xda-developers it's on page 145 and the link should take you to that page.

Got the direct link http://android.clients.google.com/p...50053.USER_L710_SPR_MD4_to_MK3_Update_FWD.zip

Thanks for posting this. I installed from SD card (I'm currently not rooted). Below is shot from About Device screen and shot from Sprint's website. The version numbers are slightly different. Haven't seen any performance issues yet but makes me question if that zip was the right thing to install.

Screenshot_2013-11-22-14-24-30.png

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you update through a zip when you're not rooted?

Posted via Android Central App

Download the zip file and place it on your SD card. Then turn off your phone. Turn it back on, holding the up volume button, home button and power button. Hold it until you see the writing in the top left, let go. Once in recovery mode select to update from external source. Select the update file and it will update. Hopefully that is clear. There are a few forums out there explaining it too.

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I installed from SD card (I'm currently not rooted). Below is shot from About Device screen and shot from Sprint's website. The version numbers are slightly different. Haven't seen any performance issues yet but makes me question

I wondered about that too. .... I've heard the Sprint ota is a much bigger file too.
Going to let wife get the Sprint version and see what the difference may be

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint galaxy nexus got 4.3 and when I enter 4g I sometimes have to toggle data off then back on to make the data work. Does s3 have this issue on 4.3?

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint galaxy nexus got 4.3 and when I enter 4g I sometimes have to toggle data off then back on to make the data work. Does s3 have this issue on 4.3?

I had to do that on my S3 when I had 4.1.2, so far I haven't had to do it with 4.3, I drove home from 4GLTE at work through 3G on the way into a 4GLTE area again and my phone went back and forth fine today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech