Is there any update on 4.3 for the S3?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Heh, I will give a free kickstand to the first 10 people that want one and that guess the correct time and date of the first person who posts that they received their 4.3 update here in this thread. Send your guessed time and date to "info at remotesystems dot com" put JB 4.3 in Subject line and post your time and date guess in this thread. Might be fun! I am anxiously waiting for my update.

See here kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc. if you don't know what it is that I am giving away.

I will also give one (if they want one) to the person who actually got the first update - give post number and pm me to let me know that you are the first.

Any post I see that is edited will be disqualified.

Moderator, if this is illegal to do, delete this this post. And sorry to those if this is not proper to do. Good luck! :-D

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Heh, I will give a free kickstand to the first 10 people that want one and that guess the correct time and date of the first person who posts that they received their 4.3 update here in this thread. Send your guessed time and date to "info at remotesystems dot com" put JB 4.3 in Subject line and post your time and date guess in this thread. Might be fun! I am anxiously waiting for my update.

See here kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc. if you don't know what it is that I am giving away.

I will also give one (if they want one) to the person who actually got the first update - give post number and pm me to let me know that you are the first.

Any post I see that is edited will be disqualified.

Moderator, if this is illegal to do, delete this this post. And sorry to those if this is not proper to do. Good luck! :-D

Not sure if its legal to do or not, but really cool. Checked out the link and that's a fancy device. I might have to take a look and pick one or two up for my wife and I. I have a nice fold out stand for my iPad that I got from Monoprice and I'm a big fan. I'll actually share with a bunch of people in my office who constantly kickstand their phones to watch Netflix videos at work. They made something out of binder clips and a piece of the desk but they had to tape it down.

In response to someone earlier that mentioned that data posted by Sprint. That is true, in some cases they have posted the info the day of (or day before) the release. I believe with MD4 that the update was made after. Here's the link (I've clicked refresh a billion times to no avail): Find and update the software version on your Samsung Galaxy S III

For some reason I think it will hit either late tonight (8pm eastern) or about 10am easter tomorrow. I don't want to email because that's two guesses and I'm not confident enough in either. I would say its "imminent" as the MJ9 (October 9th build) has not changed for over a week now (usually a pre-cursor to an update). I'm anxious like the rest of the gang here and I'm also hopeful that someone who gets the update early is able to grab the OTA link from logcat (or whatever else can do that).

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
4:17 Idaho time of typing this posting. Phone hasn't said anything yet for a update. Minus a "failed to update" but that was for Reddit as my data dropped to switch to 4G

Posted via Android Central App

leroyepperson

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Well all my excitement gone. What a depressing day in the update world. I think it will be soon though. Samsung's update page the device is showing it was updated yesterday How do I update the software on my Samsung Galaxy S? III to MD4? : Sprint Cell Phones | Samsung, even though it has the older version showing still. It can't be too far out....

The update i have now is showing that baseband version but android version 4.1.2 i think something is typoed or something

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if its legal to do or not, but really cool. Checked out the link and that's a fancy device. I might have to take a look and pick one or two up for my wife and I. I have a nice fold out stand for my iPad that I got from Monoprice and I'm a big fan. I'll actually share with a bunch of people in my office who constantly kickstand their phones to watch Netflix videos at work. They made something out of binder clips and a piece of the desk but they had to tape it down.

In response to someone earlier that mentioned that data posted by Sprint. That is true, in some cases they have posted the info the day of (or day before) the release. I believe with MD4 that the update was made after. Here's the link (I've clicked refresh a billion times to no avail): Find and update the software version on your Samsung Galaxy S3

For some reason I think it will hit either late tonight (8pm eastern) or about 10am easter tomorrow. I don't want to email because that's two guesses and I'm not confident enough in either. I would say its "imminent" as the MJ9 (October 9th build) has not changed for over a week now (usually a pre-cursor to an update). I'm anxious like the rest of the gang here and I'm also hopeful that someone who gets the update early is able to grab the OTA link from logcat (or whatever else can do that).

Thanks for the reply - I saw that this was such a small thread with very little views and replies and very specific for those that are chomping at the bit to get the update on an old device, I thought it might be fun to donate per-say to the cause of waiting. Like others, I have read when the update will be out, but having been with Sprint for such a long time and knowing the history of "when" actual updates really come to fruition, it might ease the boredom of waiting. I have checked my phone and this thread about three times each so far since midnight and no joy of anyone getting an update. :(

Anyways, I will leave my offer up and is good until the update appears somewhere or a moderator says to take it down. Who else but a small group wants or knows about this update to recheck this thread or phone this often, let alone want a device like what I am offering? This would make this group rather small.

Bottom line, the offer is only good to when someone gets the update, so that should be in short time I would think. But if no one enters because I had to take this down, but later has an interest in my kickstand, pm me and I will give you a promo code to get 25% off.

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the update going show up 1am to 6 am last time I got my 4.1.2 update it was like 3 am in the morning. I hope they release the update on time no deplayed

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply - I saw that this was such a small thread with very little views and replies and very specific for those that are chomping at the bit to get the update on an old device, I thought it might be fun to donate per-say to the cause of waiting. Like others, I have read when the update will be out, but having been with Sprint for such a long time and knowing the history of "when" actual updates really come to fruition, it might ease the boredom of waiting. I have checked my phone and this thread about three times each so far since midnight and no joy of anyone getting an update. :(

Anyways, I will leave my offer up and is good until the update appears somewhere or a moderator says to take it down. Who else but a small group wants or knows about this update to recheck this thread or phone this often, let alone want a device like what I am offering? This would make this group rather small.

Bottom line, the offer is only good to when someone gets the update, so that should be in short time I would think. But if no one enters because I had to take this down, but later has an interest in my kickstand, pm me and I will give you a promo code to get 25% off.

I'm definitely in the group of rather disappointed S3 owners. While I realize the leaked documents (if they are even real) are not official, its disappointing when the days come and go and there is no word. It feels like one of those areas that the carriers would want to under-promise and over-deliver. I'm considering leaving Sprint as it is. I like the unlimited data but when LTE barely reaches me on a daily basis, and when it does my phone has all sorts of issues, it doesn't feel worth it to stay. My iPad has Verizon LTE and its twice as quick and a billion times as prevalent. T-Mobile isn't any more expensive, and ATT plods along.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm definitely in the group of rather disappointed S3 owners. While I realize the leaked documents (if they are even real) are not official, its disappointing when the days come and go and there is no word. It feels like one of those areas that the carriers would want to under-promise and over-deliver. I'm considering leaving Sprint as it is. I like the unlimited data but when LTE barely reaches me on a daily basis, and when it does my phone has all sorts of issues, it doesn't feel worth it to stay. My iPad has Verizon LTE and its twice as quick and a billion times as prevalent. T-Mobile isn't any more expensive, and ATT plods along.

You got me there, I thought the leaked documents were real? Dang I got fooled? Well I was at least hopeful everything would happen on 11-06-13. I too have thought of leaving Sprint, but I have two airaves so my signal in my home is really good and I am almost always on wifi so my data is really good and the plans are really cheap. But I am in a unique situation where everything works for me. But once I leave a wifi area, everything is just terribly slow. Hopefully Sprint will get better in a years time. Then my wait will have been worth it.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I do know from past updates, that sprint uses hardware id's as a means to roll the update out to certain devices starting from the update date. Which would be today. So depending on when you got your phone in regards to the release date, mine for instance is a 1st day, and I've been promoted for the update but can't install since I'm rooted. My wife's on the other hand, probably won't prompt her for a couple weeks, since she got hers a few months after me.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I hope everyone realizes that even if the update starts rolling out today, or tomorrow, that doesn't mean everyone's phone will see it immediately. This will roll out gradually, so as to keep Sprints servers from going belly up trying to process millions of downloads at once.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're right Brian, also I was hoping that since the S4 was released according to that document, then the other devices would follow the dates that were on the same document. But who knows, it could come overnight because I remember getting 4.1.2 at about 2/3a.m. We just have to wait and see.

whoknows00100

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
We all still waiting for the update I hope it true that send out the update tomorrow we all believe it when we see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci