Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there any update on 4.3 for the S3?

Anything yet on the android 4.3 update on the s3 it already 11-06-2013

Default re: Is there any update on 4.3 for the S3?

I've been waiting next to the phone since midnight. Nothing yet. I do get excited about the updates. From my own past experience with these updates, they always seem to appear during the late afternoon hours for whatever reason. I could be wrong, and it could be any minute now though!
    coachpelkey likes this.
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Anyone get this yet?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I been waiting I been checking my system update there nothing we gotta patience n wait

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

We are all patiently waiting I guess... Nothing here either... OTA or KIES...
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...

Nothing yet! Hopefully it will come soon.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Tomorrow sprint will be getting the android 4.3 update and at&t n verizon november 13

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows00100 View Post
    Tomorrow sprint will be getting the android 4.3 update and at&t n verizon november 13

source or support?
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

yes, curious where you got this from
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I got it from flipboard

Rookie question here, but do I just go to settings, update device, and click update Samsung software? I have been going there to check but it keeps telling me "device is up to date". Am I in the right neighborhood for when the update is available?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

U right place to check for ur update

Awesome. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Do you remember the title of the "article" on Flipboard?

Patiently waiting on the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows00100 View Post

Arent you the same guy that started this thread:
    Android 4.3 update

Today is Nov 6th.

I bet it'll come at 3PM EST/12PM PST

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB stock

i keep pressing the update button lol
    FloatOn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southjersey786 View Post
    i keep pressing the update button lol
    Im not the only one!

Doesn't Sprint normally post a changelog a day or two before the update is actually released? I don't think we will see the 4.3 update today unfortunately.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Heh, I will give a free kickstand to the first 10 people that want one and that guess the correct time and date of the first person who posts that they received their 4.3 update here in this thread. Send your guessed time and date to "info at remotesystems dot com" put JB 4.3 in Subject line and post your time and date guess in this thread. Might be fun! I am anxiously waiting for my update.

See here kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc. if you don't know what it is that I am giving away.

I will also give one (if they want one) to the person who actually got the first update - give post number and pm me to let me know that you are the first.

Any post I see that is edited will be disqualified.

Moderator, if this is illegal to do, delete this this post. And sorry to those if this is not proper to do. Good luck! :-D
    Sprint LG G3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    "kickstand4u" mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted and xposed my LG G3!
    Rock Solid and Almost Perfect!

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mouseglider View Post
    Heh, I will give a free kickstand to the first 10 people that want one and that guess the correct time and date of the first person who posts that they received their 4.3 update here in this thread. Send your guessed time and date to "info at remotesystems dot com" put JB 4.3 in Subject line and post your time and date guess in this thread. Might be fun! I am anxiously waiting for my update.

See here kickstand4u tm Intro - Designs by RemoteSystems tm, Inc. if you don't know what it is that I am giving away.

I will also give one (if they want one) to the person who actually got the first update - give post number and pm me to let me know that you are the first.

Any post I see that is edited will be disqualified.

Moderator, if this is illegal to do, delete this this post. And sorry to those if this is not proper to do. Good luck! :-D
    Not sure if its legal to do or not, but really cool. Checked out the link and that's a fancy device. I might have to take a look and pick one or two up for my wife and I. I have a nice fold out stand for my iPad that I got from Monoprice and I'm a big fan. I'll actually share with a bunch of people in my office who constantly kickstand their phones to watch Netflix videos at work. They made something out of binder clips and a piece of the desk but they had to tape it down.

In response to someone earlier that mentioned that data posted by Sprint. That is true, in some cases they have posted the info the day of (or day before) the release. I believe with MD4 that the update was made after. Here's the link (I've clicked refresh a billion times to no avail): Find and update the software version on your Samsung Galaxy S3

For some reason I think it will hit either late tonight (8pm eastern) or about 10am easter tomorrow. I don't want to email because that's two guesses and I'm not confident enough in either. I would say its "imminent" as the MJ9 (October 9th build) has not changed for over a week now (usually a pre-cursor to an update). I'm anxious like the rest of the gang here and I'm also hopeful that someone who gets the update early is able to grab the OTA link from logcat (or whatever else can do that).

Jeff
    Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Moto Q, Curve, PPC-6700, just to name a few
    I've been borderline addicting to getting new cell phones since 1998

Well all my excitement gone. What a depressing day in the update world. I think it will be soon though. Samsung's update page the device is showing it was updated yesterday How do I update the software on my Samsung Galaxy S III to MD4? : Sprint Cell Phones | Samsung, even though it has the older version showing still. It can't be too far out....
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I think it will hit tomorrow, we are sitting by our phones. I say 9am on Thursday.
    Thanked by:

4:17 Idaho time of typing this posting. Phone hasn't said anything yet for a update. Minus a "failed to update" but that was for Reddit as my data dropped to switch to 4G

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast