Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy My GS3 won't connect via cellular like my husband's much older HTC

I used to LOVE my GS3, but the last 4-5 months I've noticed that it will not connect to the internet via cell signal, even with the strongest possible signal, when there's no WiFi around. I even tried loading a Google search on my phone and my husband's, hit 'enter' at the same time, and his came back with instant results. Mine, nothing. I've done that several times lately, in different places, and still, disappointment. Is it just age, though my husband's phone is a year older than mine? Settings? Help! Thanks!

Global Posts
    18,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: My GS3 won't connect via cellular like my husband's much older HTC

Quote Originally Posted by JudyABurris View Post
    I used to LOVE my GS3, but the last 4-5 months I've noticed that it will not connect to the internet via cell signal, even with the strongest possible signal, when there's no WiFi around. I even tried loading a Google search on my phone and my husband's, hit 'enter' at the same time, and his came back with instant results. Mine, nothing. I've done that several times lately, in different places, and still, disappointment. Is it just age, though my husband's phone is a year older than mine? Settings? Help! Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried updating the PRL? Settings>Update phone>Update PRL.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here