4.3 Update for Sprint Galaxy S3 has Arrived

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Might be a good idea to install the latest version, but Iguess you can try your current version and if it doesn't work get the latest.

Not sure what you mean. I downloaded this from your links: [ROM STOCK MK3 ROOTED] SPHL710 All In One Installer [ODEX/DEODEX] - xda-developers

I downloaded it last night. Would that be the latest?

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the update, is it just me or has this thing been eating up your batteries too? Brutal, what can I do about reverting back to old update?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Just installed the update, is it just me or has this thing been eating up your batteries too? Brutal, what can I do about reverting back to old update?

The Official OTA directly from Sprint does not allow for backdating. I am not sure about the XDA versions.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. I downloaded this from your links: [ROM STOCK MK3 ROOTED] SPHL710 All In One Installer [ODEX/DEODEX] - xda-developers

I downloaded it last night. Would that be the latest?

I was referring to the latest version of TWRP. Yes, that download should be the latest rooted 4.3 ROM.

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Did Sprint release the update and then stop?

Posted via Android Central App

I am wondering the same thing. I am in the Atlanta area and neither my wife or myself have got it yet. Based on all the problems I am reading about, I'm not sure I really want it at this point.....

Sugewhyte

May 15, 2010
www.bertfentress.com
It's live here in South Florida. I'm rooted so I'm going to have to read up on the way to get it and stay rooted. I don't want to loose root on my wife's phone or mine. For those that have flashed does this update bring the move to apps to extSD card?

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The Official OTA directly from Sprint does not allow for backdating. I am not sure about the XDA versions.

The ones on XDA are latest version SANS KNOX...unless otherwise noted in the ROM thread. Whether you do a dirty flash/multi-step or the all-in-1 (clean reset), it should allow you to continue using whatever ROM you want as there is no KNOX bootloader to prevent you from doing so.

My dirty flash went extremely smooth and I've had no problems whatsoever. YMMV, but dirty update does work pretty well.

For folks not sure about what version is what, what is latest, or simply just a bit fuzzy on the whole process...I recommend spending some time on the XDA threads (or even the ones here) and just reading through. XDA has a great KNOX FAQ. It shouldn't take long at all, but it will give you better insight and confidence to make the best decision for you and your device. Measure twice, cut once.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's live here in South Florida. I'm rooted so I'm going to have to read up on the way to get it and stay rooted. I don't want to loose root on my wife's phone or mine. For those that have flashed does this update bring the move to apps to extSD card?

Read through these threads:

[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers

[ROM MK3 ROOTED] SPHL710 All In One Installer [ODEX/DEODEX] - xda-developers

I believe this does include apps to SD.

But, it appears there are still some issues running the 4.3 ROM on older Kernels. The devs on XDA are working these issues. Personnally, I'm waiting for a while. I don't see any truly compelling need to upgrade.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Still no update in Maryland...WTF!! Everyone else around me with S3's has the update.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Still no update in Maryland...WTF!! Everyone else around me with S3's has the update.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

With all the little glitches that some have had - it is probably better to wait - unless you like to live on the edge! The blade cuts both ways! :)

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
  1. You will continue to get reminders until you either a) successfully install the OTA or b) modify your buildprop to eliminate the reminders (requires root).

1. Seeing as how I am not going to install the OTA, how do you modify the buildprop? I'm really getting tired of that fersluggin reminder every hour.......

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall...is there some date by which everyone will have the update? Seems like it's been out a few weeks and I still don't have it.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I thought the same thing too, then I have figured out, it seems to be if you have a bad signal at all, it KILLS the battery, if you have decent to good signal then the battery is as good if not a tad better. I thought it was a couple different apps at first, but really drilled down and saw for sure, if I was struggling for a signal and/or the phone was getting warm from trying so hard the whole battery would seriously die in a matter of a handful of hours. Outside of this, I have loved the update and haven't noticed any other issues, at least affecting me and how I use the phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you applied the OTA, updated through Kies, or flased the full factory update file that was posted on XDA, there's no simple way to go back. You can't uninstall a firmware update, Kies won't install an earlier ROM, and if you try to load an earlier firmware image in Odin you will brick you phone. If you root, it will be possible to flash a 4.1.2 (MD4) ROM, but not get rid of the Knox bootloader.

Before considering that step, though, read through the 4.3 threads here, and in the higher level S3 forum. There are some settings related to WiFi that are turned on by default, and turning them off seems to make a big difference in battery usage.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Seeing as how I am not going to install the OTA, how do you modify the buildprop? I'm really getting tired of that fersluggin reminder every hour.......

I did this "mod" (what seems like a long time ago) to stop the Sprint Official OTA on both of my froyo Epic 4g (with keyboard) and it worked very nicely - so I used the same on both of my SG3's just about a week ago - I can't say for sure if this notification blocker is working on my SG3, because I did this "mod" as a proactive type thing and went ahead and rooted my phones so I could install it, just in case I got the push notification from Sprint on the Official OTA - but so far so good and everything at least still works like a champ on both my SG3's.

There are other ways as mention in the links provided by "meyerweb and Crooked Rain" - but this has worked for me in the past - so I am trying it again. It is called "FOTAkill.apk"

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc