Stock rooted 4.3 is out

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me what this
" Wi-Fi fix" is and why we need it? It scares me when he says it messes up screen rotation. Also when flashing all three stuff, do you do it one after another without booting the phone in between?

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I just saw CNexus answer what the Wi-Fi fix is: "Wifi does not work on the stock 4.3 kernel with a non-MK3 bootloader...they integrated some component of wifi into the bootloader I think...But, wifi DOES work with the At&t 4.3 kernel (yes, it is safe to flash). So we can use that for now until I come up with something better".

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone enlighten me what this
" Wi-Fi fix" is and why we need it? It scares me when he says it messes up screen rotation. Also when flashing all three stuff, do you do it one after another without booting the phone in between?
I'll quote what CNexus said on the XDA " Wifi does not work on the stock 4.3 kernel with a non-MK3 bootloader...they integrated some component of wifi into the bootloader I think...

But, wifi DOES work with the At&t 4.3 kernel (yes, it is safe to flash). So we can use that for now until I come up with something better" and you would flash the update, WiFi fix and the Knox remover. Pretty sure it would be a flash, boot up into rom, flash again and then flash the Knox remover. Not sure but someone can correct me on that

Posted via Android Central App

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I just saw CNexus answer what the Wi-Fi fix is: "Wifi does not work on the stock 4.3 kernel with a non-MK3 bootloader...they integrated some component of wifi into the bootloader I think...But, wifi DOES work with the At&t 4.3 kernel (yes, it is safe to flash). So we can use that for now until I come up with something better".

Beat me too it. Haha

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should flash this thing dirty ( without a factory reset etc.) or just rely on good old titanium to get me back and running. I did see someone mention some issues when trying to restore stuff.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if I should flash this thing dirty ( without a factory reset etc.) or just rely on good old titanium to get me back and running. I did see someone mention some issues when trying to restore stuff.

I've seen people having restoring problems. I think cache and devlik wipe should be good. That's what I did with 4.1.2

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanx. I updated as well. The screen rotation bothers me, though supposedly he's working on a fix. What's up with the hot spot?

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Native hotspot seems to work with Deodex. Heres the link: Dev-Host - MK3HotspotMod-deodexed.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Thanx. I updated as well. The screen rotation bothers me, though supposedly he's working on a fix. What's up with the hot spot?

I'm also experiencing some slight lag. How did you take care of that?
A few reboots and setting changes seemed to do the trick. Was also trying to move a large file so that might be it. I'm still trying to figure out my Gmail problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle