GS3 4.3 Issues.

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Has any one had a bad experience or a weird issue ever since they upgraded to 4.3? My device keeps constantly downloading jpeg's on my notification drop down. When ever I open a download nothing happens very weird. Hopefully this bug goes away.
Sent from my GSIII

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I've a posted an all in one, how-to with the all the issues with the notification bug and other stuff (thanks to all who've helped me out here). Hope this helps.

1) Wifi is always on, can't turn off-
-Settings> Connections> More networks> Mobile Networks> Connection Optimizer> Uncheck box.

2) Notifications are giving weird messages like photos/jpegs are done uploading-
-App drawer (where all your apps are)> Download Icon> Internet Downloads> Clear All> Other Downloads> Clear all.

3) Flash goes off everytime you get an email/text-
-Settings> My Device> Accessibility> Flash Notification (have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find it)> Uncheck Box.

4) Turn off KNOX
-Settings> More> Security>Device Administrators> Uncheck KNOX.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The 4.3 update for I think AT&T was so bad they pulled it back.

That did happen with the UK version, but I heard that too be the case with any US version yet, including AT&T. A co-worker (AT&T) just got it late last week and had found that it is better than his 4.1.2 so far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That did happen with the UK version, but I heard that too be the case with any US version yet, including AT&T. A co-worker (AT&T) just got it late last week and had found that it is better than his 4.1.2 so far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I agree that 4.3 is better than 4.1, but there was an issue with Knox that was causing the problems. Maybe what i am thinking of is the delayed launch. Some devices were supposed to get it early this month, and still haven't yet.

Joe1136

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello, to everyone i was wondering if someone could help me I have updated to 4.3 i notice that when I get a phone the call the camera flash will start to blink is there away to turn this off ?

Thank You for your time.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, to everyone i was wondering if someone could help me I have updated to 4.3 i notice that when I get a phone the call the camera flash will start to blink is there away to turn this off ?

Thank You for your time.

See buffdaddy72 post, part 3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue and the box is not checked off (and was never checked off). The flash goes off when I receive calls and when my alarm goes off from the stock clock app.

If you're using a Moto X it could be somewhere else in the settings menu. Since I unchecked the box under accessibility I haven't had any issues with the flash going off on my GS3.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear if you go into the download app and clear the list(in both other and internet) they will go away
Has any one had a bad experience or a weird issue ever since they upgraded to 4.3? My device keeps constantly downloading jpeg's on my notification drop down. When ever I open a download nothing happens very weird. Hopefully this bug goes away.
Sent from my GSIII

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're using a Moto X it could be somewhere else in the settings menu. Since I unchecked the box under accessibility I haven't had any issues with the flash going off on my GS3.

I'm using an S3. That's what this thread is for, right?

I understand that you unchecked it and it was fixed (for you), however mine is not checked and continues to happen.

Joe1136

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing going on also what i did was put a check mark in the box then reboot your phone then go back and take the check mark out it worked for me. maybe it will help you.

freakout311style

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing going on also what i did was put a check mark in the box then reboot your phone then go back and take the check mark out it worked for me. maybe it will help you.

I gave that a shot last night and it did fix it.

Check > reboot > uncheck > reboot worked for me.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, I've a posted an all in one, how-to with the all the issues with the notification bug and other stuff (thanks to all who've helped me out here). Hope this helps.

4) Turn off KNOX
-Settings> More> Security>Device Administrators> Uncheck KNOX.

This doesn't really turn off Knox. It eliminates some of the application logic, but Knox is still active in the bootloader, will still trip the warranty flag (permanently) if you root, still prevents the use of 3rd party recoveries, and can still brick yor phone in certain circumstances, such as if you use Odin to try to go back to an earlier ROM version.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For the led indicator thing, some people have had to enable it first and then disable it and then the led flash stopped.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't really turn off Knox. It eliminates some of the application logic, but Knox is still active in the bootloader, will still trip the warranty flag (permanently) if you root, still prevents the use of 3rd party recoveries, and can still brick yor phone in certain circumstances, such as if you use Odin to try to go back to an earlier ROM version.

Yep folks....Knox is always on. ALWAYS!
I would still take away the administrative privileges though.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been getting these weird permission requests from gmail/ android services, they come up like 20 to 40 times a day and it asks if I should allow or deny access. Here is a screenshot, how do I get rid of this crap? any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!Screenshot_2013-11-26-07-52-13.pngScreenshot_2013-11-26-07-49-21.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz