Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS3 4.3 Issues.

Has any one had a bad experience or a weird issue ever since they upgraded to 4.3? My device keeps constantly downloading jpeg's on my notification drop down. When ever I open a download nothing happens very weird. Hopefully this bug goes away.
    Sent from my GSIII

Global Posts
    13,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: GS3 4.3 Issues.

The 4.3 update for I think AT&T was so bad they pulled it back.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hey all, I've a posted an all in one, how-to with the all the issues with the notification bug and other stuff (thanks to all who've helped me out here). Hope this helps.

1) Wifi is always on, can't turn off-
    -Settings> Connections> More networks> Mobile Networks> Connection Optimizer> Uncheck box.

2) Notifications are giving weird messages like photos/jpegs are done uploading-
    -App drawer (where all your apps are)> Download Icon> Internet Downloads> Clear All> Other Downloads> Clear all.

3) Flash goes off everytime you get an email/text-
    -Settings> My Device> Accessibility> Flash Notification (have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find it)> Uncheck Box.

4) Turn off KNOX
    -Settings> More> Security>Device Administrators> Uncheck KNOX.
    Thanked by 16:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    kaivorb, murraca, DenhamTS and 1 others like this.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The 4.3 update for I think AT&T was so bad they pulled it back.
    That did happen with the UK version, but I heard that too be the case with any US version yet, including AT&T. A co-worker (AT&T) just got it late last week and had found that it is better than his 4.1.2 so far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    13,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    That did happen with the UK version, but I heard that too be the case with any US version yet, including AT&T. A co-worker (AT&T) just got it late last week and had found that it is better than his 4.1.2 so far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    I agree that 4.3 is better than 4.1, but there was an issue with Knox that was causing the problems. Maybe what i am thinking of is the delayed launch. Some devices were supposed to get it early this month, and still haven't yet.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks!!

Sent from my GSIII

Hello, to everyone i was wondering if someone could help me I have updated to 4.3 i notice that when I get a phone the call the camera flash will start to blink is there away to turn this off ?

Thank You for your time.

Global Posts
    13,886 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Joe1136 View Post
    Hello, to everyone i was wondering if someone could help me I have updated to 4.3 i notice that when I get a phone the call the camera flash will start to blink is there away to turn this off ?

Thank You for your time.
    See buffdaddy72 post, part 3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    See buffdaddy72 post, part 3.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    I have the same issue and the box is not checked off (and was never checked off). The flash goes off when I receive calls and when my alarm goes off from the stock clock app.

Quote Originally Posted by freakout311style View Post
    I have the same issue and the box is not checked off (and was never checked off). The flash goes off when I receive calls and when my alarm goes off from the stock clock app.
    If you're using a Moto X it could be somewhere else in the settings menu. Since I unchecked the box under accessibility I haven't had any issues with the flash going off on my GS3.

I hear if you go into the download app and clear the list(in both other and internet) they will go away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biga173rd View Post
    Has any one had a bad experience or a weird issue ever since they upgraded to 4.3? My device keeps constantly downloading jpeg's on my notification drop down. When ever I open a download nothing happens very weird. Hopefully this bug goes away.
    Sent from my GSIII

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Quote Originally Posted by buffdaddy72 View Post
    If you're using a Moto X it could be somewhere else in the settings menu. Since I unchecked the box under accessibility I haven't had any issues with the flash going off on my GS3.
    I'm using an S3. That's what this thread is for, right?

I understand that you unchecked it and it was fixed (for you), however mine is not checked and continues to happen.

I had the same thing going on also what i did was put a check mark in the box then reboot your phone then go back and take the check mark out it worked for me. maybe it will help you.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe1136 View Post
    I had the same thing going on also what i did was put a check mark in the box then reboot your phone then go back and take the check mark out it worked for me. maybe it will help you.
    I gave that a shot last night and it did fix it.

Check > reboot > uncheck > reboot worked for me.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by buffdaddy72 View Post
    Hey all, I've a posted an all in one, how-to with the all the issues with the notification bug and other stuff (thanks to all who've helped me out here). Hope this helps.

4) Turn off KNOX
    -Settings> More> Security>Device Administrators> Uncheck KNOX.
    This doesn't really turn off Knox. It eliminates some of the application logic, but Knox is still active in the bootloader, will still trip the warranty flag (permanently) if you root, still prevents the use of 3rd party recoveries, and can still brick yor phone in certain circumstances, such as if you use Odin to try to go back to an earlier ROM version.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

For the led indicator thing, some people have had to enable it first and then disable it and then the led flash stopped.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    This doesn't really turn off Knox. It eliminates some of the application logic, but Knox is still active in the bootloader, will still trip the warranty flag (permanently) if you root, still prevents the use of 3rd party recoveries, and can still brick yor phone in certain circumstances, such as if you use Odin to try to go back to an earlier ROM version.
    Yep folks....Knox is always on. ALWAYS!
    I would still take away the administrative privileges though.

I have been getting these weird permission requests from gmail/ android services, they come up like 20 to 40 times a day and it asks if I should allow or deny access. Here is a screenshot, how do I get rid of this crap? any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!GS3 4.3 Issues.-screenshot_2013-11-26-07-52-13.pngGS3 4.3 Issues.-screenshot_2013-11-26-07-49-21.png

I keep getting several notifications for downloads from weeks ago, same 12 over and over, any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by dennynnnnnn View Post
    I keep getting several notifications for downloads from weeks ago, same 12 over and over, any fix?

-App drawer (where all your apps are)> Download Icon> Internet Downloads> Clear All> Other Downloads> Clear all.

Quote Originally Posted by dennynnnnnn View Post
    Or go to application manager /all/download manager wipe cache & data reboot.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace
    Sent From The 3rd Galaxy Via Subspace

Has anyone experienced a problem with Bluetooth dropping out? The phone shows Bluetooth is still on, but the audio stops coming out of the headphones and starts playing through the phone speaker.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

My issues:

1) Using stock messaging (I know, who uses the stock messaging!), text message notifications show up on the lock screen stating who the text is from and what the text says. I MUCH preferred the previous notification of the simple circle and swiping away the message in the notifications if you don't want it to be read. As well, the previous notification didn't leave the text message on your lock screen for anyone to read

2) Using the music player, it shows up as yet another massive box on the lock screen and I can't seem to get rid of it.

3) A bunch of my fonts are no longer compatible

4) Battery life is absolutely terrible!

Basically, I want my lock screen left as it was and don't want my text messages splashed on the lock screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tasha_c View Post
    My issues:

1) Using stock messaging (I know, who uses the stock messaging!), text message notifications show up on the lock screen stating who the text is from and what the text says. I MUCH preferred the previous notification of the simple circle and swiping away the message in the notifications if you don't want it to be read. As well, the previous notification didn't leave the text message on your lock screen for anyone to read

2) Using the music player, it shows up as yet another massive box on the lock screen and I can't seem to get rid of it.

3) A bunch of my fonts are no longer compatible

4) Battery life is absolutely terrible!

Basically, I want my lock screen left as it was and don't want my text messages splashed on the lock screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Hopefully I can help clear things up.
    1) I still use the stock notifications too. I actually prefer it for the simplistic usage. The stock preview/notification are as intended. Basically... It is what it is with the new program.

2)Stock music player is awesome! I love the update with lock screen integration. Also... It is what it is with the new program.

3) Fonts possibly needs to be updated with the new 4.3 software

4) Try going into your "Application Manager", than turning off a lot of preloaded programs. If you're still experiencing bad battery life than worse case is you'll need a factory reset. Another possibility is your battery is old.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast