Sprint Galaxy S3 - Putting Dashclock widget on lock screen in 4.3

ertain

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I just updated my Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 and I would like to put Dashclock on the lock screen. Has anyone been able to pull this off?

Last edited:

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Putting Dashclock widget on lock screen in 4.3

It works sometimes, not all the time when I have been playing with it.
I am curious to see what everyone else says.

Quaman1

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
2884ajo.png

just added it like any other widget you long press on it and you can slide it to the right to make it your home lock screen

jfitts75

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't get that unless I change my lockscreen style to Swipe. I hate they took out the option to Swipe and use pattern lock, I like my privacy and with the pattern lock on, you cannot use the lockscreen widgets as far as I know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

awdsti4u

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the dynamic notifications app since I updated to 4.3. You can even add some dashclock widgets to it. Best notification lockscreen I've used so far...

Posted via Android Central App

CarTunesDJ

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
So I suspect, based on what jfitts75 said, if I am unable to select Swipe for lockscreen due to policy enforcement (security) and can only choose either PIN or Password, I am unable to use Dashclock for my lockscreen. Is that correct?

devmountain

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone is connected to my corporate email which enforces a password / pin number.
I don't seem to be able to add any widgets - has anyone else tried with the security set higher?

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I use the Secured with Pin on my GS3 and it allows me to lock my phone, and also shows the clock widget on my lock screen along with the date. However the widgets at the bottom of the screen are not there using this method.

Attachments

• D7K_2251.JPG
    D7K_2251.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

ValiVespa

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same goes with me. Is there any possibility to get some apps on the lock screen while having a PIN or PW or anything like that? :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Did you find a solution yet? :/

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you're rooted, you an install the Xposed mod, and then use a module that allows a widget (or an app, I guess), to be added to a pinlock screen. Otherwise, I don't know of any way to do so.

pkc72

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not quite sure what the logic is in disallowing lock screen widgets when using a PIN. In the previous version of the android OS swiping on a widget on the lockscreen simply took you to the PIN entry screen so there was still a layer of security built into it. The widgets just facilitated a quicker way to access an app or text.

trailracer618

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an S3 as well. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get DashClock on the lockscreen. I was able to get Echo Lockscreen to work, but it is not quite what I want. So does anyone know how to do this on an S3?