Re: 4.3 Q & A

-updated multi window ui
-removed dimming of brightness in email and internet option of power save mode

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Dragontech97

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

-recent apps list (hold home button) can now close current app excluding touchwiz launcher
-task manager also shows app defaults in a new seperate tab
-new persistent notifications for certain foreground apps like easytouch

rawmustard

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

For those looking for developer options.
Go to settings, more, about device. Press on build number 5 times and voila. Go back to more settings tab to find dev options.

The number of times left to press the build number and when developer mode is activated was toasted. It's an interesting way to turn that on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
For those looking for developer options.
Go to settings, more, about device. Press on build number 5 times and voila. Go back to more settings tab to find dev options.

Do same thing but tap on android version several times quickly....lol
You can then Swype and more will show up....you can then flick away lol.
....you will see.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

For those who haven't taken the OTA version with "Knox", Thunderstick at XDA has put together an "all in one" flashable version of CNexus' odexed, Rooted MK3 (4.3) ROM with all the fixes.

===> HERE <===

What it will do:
"-It will install the ODEX STOCK MK3 Rom with all the improvements CNexus busted his *** to bring to us.
(No KNOX, WIFI Fixed, Rotating Screen Working, Rooted, Additional Quick Settings, Hot Spot Fix)
-Will install the MK3 Baseband/MODEM/Radio...
-Will Format the System Partition before installing
-Will Delete Cache and Dalvik-Cache" <=== From ThunderStick's OP

Enjoy and hit his Thanks button...

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site

Does the battery drain faster for anyone else? Had charged 100%, put it in my pocket, when I took it out again about 45 minutes later it had already dropped 5%.

Dragontech97

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Does the battery drain faster for anyone else? Had charged 100%, put it in my pocket, when I took it out again about 45 minutes later it had already dropped 5%.

Drag nification panel down with two fingers and tell us whats highlighted in green.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Go to settings /application manager /all /download manager clear cache and data. Reboot and the issue should be fixed

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

I see everyone mention the "Download Manager" - when I go into the "All" section I see two apps called "Downloads" one has a little Android Icon and is using a small amount of data and the other has a square icon with a "down arrow" inside using no data - you can disable and clear both - they both say "Version 4.1.2-L710VPBMD4"

But none say Download "Manager" - out of curiosity, which one are you referring to?

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

Noticed my does drain and bit faster than normal. Really don't have anything turned on but I noticed if I don't get good service in a building it goes from full to dead like nothing

Posted via Android Central App

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I see everyone mention the "Download Manager" - when I go into the "All" section I see two apps called "Downloads" one has a little Android Icon and is using a small amount of data and the other has a square icon with a "down arrow" inside using no data - you can disable and clear both - they both say "Version 4.1.2-L710VPBMD4"

But none say Download "Manager" - out of curiosity, which one are you referring to?

The icon with the arrow is what takes you to the download folder when you tap it in the app drawer.
The Android icon is download manager. Why yours doesn't say that I dunno.

Screenshot_2013-12-01-03-10-03.png Screenshot_2013-12-01-03-06-25.png

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Mobile data, sound, GPS, sync, and screen rotation. Although I had all those highlighted before the update.

You need to disable mobile data and gps if you're not using them. When mobile data is disabled you can still make and receive calls and text messages, Facebook just won't check for updates, nor will your weather widget, email and whatever else you have sucking up your data and gps which saves battery. When you need gps, or data it literally takes 2 seconds to flip the switch. Try your same test again, put the phone in your pocket for 45 minutes but before you do, disable mobile data and gps, tell me how much your battery drops then. I do that myself, and on a recent 3 hour trip over some relatives house in a not so strong signal area, my battery dropped 15% in 3 and a half hours WITH usage (checking train schedules, fantasy football changes, looking up stuff on Google, texting, etc.) you just turn on mobile data when you need it and off when you don't when you're away from home. And also I forgot to turn it back off the last time I used it that day so for the last 40 minutes it was on and sucking battery so it probably would have been better if not for that. At home I'm connected to wifi so that's not a problem. The main thing I DO dislike is on 4.1.2 there was a tile in the quick settings to toggle mobile data, I don't see it on 4.3. Have to go all the way into settings >more networks >mobile networks >mobile data

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084