01-18-2014 12:58 AM
123 123 ...
tools
    Making this thread for those that have questions about 4.3 over all, how it runs, battery life, so on. I've been using it for a few days now and i think its time for you guys to pick my brain at it now! Ask away
    11-27-2013 10:21 PM
    What do you think of it? I manually updated my phone with the file provided by XDA members recently. Still messing around with settings and getting use to newer stuff. So far I dislike my text messages/phone character icon is annoyingly stupid looking.
    Also what apps do you recommend turning off? I see there's a lot more loaded on with the update.
    11-27-2013 11:08 PM
    What do you think of it? I manually updated my phone with the file provided by XDA members recently. Still messing around with settings and getting use to newer stuff. So far I dislike my text messages/phone character icon is annoyingly stupid looking.
    Also what apps do you recommend turning off? I see there's a lot more loaded on with the update.
    I turned off the yahoo stuff and most of the Samsung stuff. So far its not that bad honestly once I got used to it(which I still am) but only thing that really bugs me is the fact my gmail always goes off when its set not to and once I get in a building were my service isn't the greatest my battery drains really bad and basically kills my phone

Posted via Android Central App
    11-27-2013 11:38 PM
    So hows the performance (ie lag)? And can I turn off the camera shutter either in settings or mute?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-28-2013 09:07 AM
    Also is the gpu performance greatly improved (supposed to have updated gpu drivers and opengl 3.0)? Try running 3dmark normal tests or gfxbench t-rex and egypt hd tests and post the scores please.

11-28-2013 09:13 AM
    In addition, does the update install to the internal user memory or on to one of the system partitions such as .data or .system or .firmware? Because I only have 1.2 gb left i heard the update is 700mb+ and you need at least 500mb left in order to install apps other wise it will give an out of space error and the phone will start lagging a lot.

11-28-2013 09:41 AM
    So hows the performance (ie lag)? And can I turn off the camera shutter either in settings or mute?

At first I had a lot of lag but it was just a first boot and I was moving files around. You can turn off the sound but will have to change a value of code in order for it to work. I'll do a test later on and post screens

11-28-2013 09:50 AM
    If your phone is on vibrate or silent, the shutter sound is turned off automatically. I love this feature, it should have been like that all along.
    11-28-2013 09:52 AM
    I can't seem to get my flash notification to work , I've turned on motion, but still nothing, any suggestions?
    11-28-2013 09:54 AM
    I can't seem to get my flash notification to work , I've turned on motion, but still nothing, any suggestions?
    nevermind, i was using hangouts for my sms app, you have to use a Samsung app for the notifier to work
    11-28-2013 10:22 AM
    The lock screen is really confusing now. I used to be able to swipe directly to a new incoming message or missed call. But now I just get the notification but when I press or swipe on it, it doesn't take me to it. It just does some cha cha dance with the bottom of the lock screen.
    Kathie Reilly likes this.
    11-28-2013 10:50 AM

At first I had a lot of lag but it was just a first boot and I was moving files around. You can turn off the sound but will have to change a value of code in order for it to work. I'll do a test later on and post screens
    You can add a toggle in the camera apps settings menu by editing system/csc/feature.xml. you must be rooted and use an app such as es file explorer. make sure file explorer has root rights enabled in it's settings.
    navigate to system/csc/. open feature.xml for editing. Scoll down to:

- <!-- Camera -->
    <CscFeature_Camera_DisableGPSMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_DisableGPSMenu>
    <CscFeature_Camera_DefaultStorage>phone</CscFeature_Camera_DefaultStorage>
    <CscFeature_Camera_DefaultQuality>superfine</CscFeature_Camera_DefaultQuality>
    <CscFeature_Camcorder_DefaultQuality>superfine</CscFeature_Camcorder_DefaultQuality>
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
    and change false to true.
    <CscFeature_Camcorder_DoNotPauseMusic>false</CscFeature_Camcorder_DoNotPauseMusic>
    <CscFeature_Camera_CameraFlicker>60hz</CscFeature_Camera_CameraFlicker>

I also enabled camera during call on my phone. Again change false to true.
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>

Save and reboot. When you open your camera app, open it's settings and you will see an option: Shutter Sound On/Off
    Hope this helps you out.
    11-28-2013 11:29 AM
    So before I update via kies, is there any issues and bugs I should know about? Like music player detecting only files in music folder on internal storage or any lagging on home screen and lockscreen?

11-28-2013 11:52 AM
    That's what I also did while I was in the file
    I also enabled camera during call on my phone. Again change false to true.
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>false</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
    11-28-2013 12:01 PM
    You should know you will lose root thanks to Knox. i Havent really seen any lag on home and lockscreen. Haven't noticed the music folder since i dont have any on my phone(i just use my ipod and Pandora)
    So before I update via kies, is there any issues and bugs I should know about? Like music player detecting only files in music folder on internal storage or any lagging on home screen and lockscreen?

11-28-2013 12:03 PM
    Thanks I'm going to update and report on any issues.

11-28-2013 12:26 PM
    You should know you will lose root thanks to Knox
    I don't get it. Why are so many determined to go OTA or kies.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace
    11-28-2013 01:45 PM
    I'm not getting notification sounds after I updated. Any suggestions?

11-28-2013 01:47 PM
    So far so good. The initial boot up is lengthy and is laggy when finally done but give it 5 minutes to create a cache at home screen and restart and it should be snappy again. Great job sprint and samsung. Will report back with benchmarks and more.

11-28-2013 02:50 PM
    I had the music issue....but once I manually add one file it resolved itself. No issue there after that
    11-29-2013 12:50 AM
    ok i ddi the update via kids and have a question/problem with the new update. it is constantly showing 4 files i have downloaded as complete in the menu bar. when i clear them it disappears for a few and then shows them again. i did a power cycle and still no change. any ideas/suggestions
    11-29-2013 08:41 AM
    ok i ddi the update via kids and have a question/problem with the new update. it is constantly showing 4 files i have downloaded as complete in the menu bar. when i clear them it disappears for a few and then shows them again. i did a power cycle and still no change. any ideas/suggestions
    Mind posting a screenshot of what you're talking about?

11-29-2013 09:44 AM
    Go to settings /application manager /all /download manager clear cache and data. Reboot and the issue should be fixed

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace
    skld likes this.
    11-29-2013 09:55 AM
    liboozers, Could you explain how you updated via kies? I am interested but have no idea how to proceed.
    11-29-2013 10:54 AM
    Well first tell us if you have kies or not.

11-29-2013 11:05 AM
123 123 ...