Help updating to 4.3

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if there us any way to update to 4.3 by just using your phone (No Computer), possibly downloading from a link. I have Never rooted before. Any help would be greatly appreciated!.:cool:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to wait for the OTA you can update via Kies. Unfortunately you have to use a computer to do so. If you don't have Kies download the latest version of Kies, Kies3 and the program will alert you to the update. I did mine two day's ago and no problems noticed yet, it's pretty stable so far. all in all, it took about an hour to fully install on my GS3. Good luck.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to wait for the OTA you can update via Kies. If you don't have Kies download the latest version of Kies, Kies3 and the program will alert you to the update. I did mine two day's ago and no problems noticed yet, it's pretty stable so far. all in all, it took about an hour to fully install on my GS3. Good luck.

True story! Worked just fine, no difference than the ota.... Just make sure your battery is fully charged

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And understand that you will probably never, ever, be able to install a custom ROM in the future. If you're even considering the idea of rooting your phone, stay away from 4.3 for now.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
How does updating with Kies work? I have never messed with Kies before.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

lovesierra

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I feel a little silly here. Installed Kies on my Macbook and it told me that my (unrooted) S3 is up to date and running the latest (MD4) firmware. Am I missing something?
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere; I did a forum search and didn't find an answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome