Kies update not same as Sprint

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So I did the 4.3 update by downloading from xda. The stock version....supposedly official. I had read that the ota from Sprint was a larger file but off course I dismissed it and went on about my business.
I hooked up my phone to pc and checked kies...it said I had the most current update and it's all good.
However, just for fun I opened up the Sprint Zone....went to diagnostics and was told there was an update and I don't have the latest.

The latest is JSS15J.L710PUCMK3
While the kies version is just L710PUCMK3.
SO APPARENTLY.....Sprint is going to push me the update?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a link to what you downloaded?
Did you read the release notes/FAQ for what you downloaded?

I thought XDA was working on stripping out Knox so that folks could root or revert to previous builds.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So I did the 4.3 update by downloading from xda. The stock version....supposedly official. I had read that the ota from Sprint was a larger file but off course I dismissed it and went on about my business.
I hooked up my phone to pc and checked kies...it said I had the most current update and it's all good.
However, just for fun I opened up the Sprint Zone....went to diagnostics and was told there was an update and I don't have the latest.

MK3 or MK2??

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

rlewinsrq

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint Zone diagnostics is referring to the Build Number and Kies is reporting the Baseband Version. Go to settings, about, then check to confirm this. Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
It's mk3.....it's the version you can get from kies or the original zip from xda the day they got it. I downloaded the stock zip from xda and installed that way.
Sprint zone diagnostics confirms that the kies version is not Sprints final version.
Like I said previously....I had read somewhere that the actual Sprint file was 200 to 300mgs larger than the kies or original xda files.

I'm thinking now, since Sprint doesn't recognize this as their final version, I will probably get an ota still.
And I'm guessing Sprint worked out some of these bugs explaining why their file is larger than the others.

Just wanted to put this out there....if unrooted folks wanted to update manually....they might want to just wait on the notification to update from Sprint.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The S4 got a 2d update 2 weeks later (MJA 4.3 to MK2 4.3). This must be what is happening with S3?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Or the Sprint version includes even more bloatware.

What "bugs" are you referring to?

Could be bloatware.....the bugs are similar to others.....dropping wifi for a second and then picking back up. Slightly abnormal battery drainage. Some settings not saving....ie go into app manager and turn off notifications......go back later and it's back on....etc...

But from others who got the ota from Sprint....I haven't heard of any complaints of any bloatware.
Anyone else?

Last edited:

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Let me add to the confusion. I receive the same information from Sprint Zone and I upgraded through Kies. My build number is JSS15J.L710<b>V</b>PUCMK3. The version that Sprint Zone says will be updated is the same version that my phone reports. Hopefully the OTA of 4.4.1 will come soon and make it all better.

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Not true at all, I updated w/ Kies last Sunday and my version is L710VPUCMK3

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Not true at all, I updated w/ Kies last Sunday and my build version is JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3

HamRadioNut

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes they are the same. I did the sprint OTA and my Baseband version is L710VPUCMK3 and my build number is JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3. and when I check sprint zone it tells me I'm up to date.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering because i seen a few videos where some of the features were different. One video showed the light effect on the lock screen. Another video showed Adapt Display like the S4 had.