1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

So I did the 4.3 update by downloading from xda. The stock version....supposedly official. I had read that the ota from Sprint was a larger file but off course I dismissed it and went on about my business.
    I hooked up my phone to pc and checked kies...it said I had the most current update and it's all good.
    However, just for fun I opened up the Sprint Zone....went to diagnostics and was told there was an update and I don't have the latest.

The latest is JSS15J.L710PUCMK3
    While the kies version is just L710PUCMK3.
    SO APPARENTLY.....Sprint is going to push me the update?

Default Re: Kies update not same as Sprint

Can you post a link to what you downloaded?
    Did you read the release notes/FAQ for what you downloaded?

I thought XDA was working on stripping out Knox so that folks could root or revert to previous builds.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by x893 View Post
    So I did the 4.3 update by downloading from xda. The stock version....supposedly official. I had read that the ota from Sprint was a larger file but off course I dismissed it and went on about my business.
    I hooked up my phone to pc and checked kies...it said I had the most current update and it's all good.
    However, just for fun I opened up the Sprint Zone....went to diagnostics and was told there was an update and I don't have the latest.

MK3 or MK2??

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

The Sprint Zone diagnostics is referring to the Build Number and Kies is reporting the Baseband Version. Go to settings, about, then check to confirm this. Hope that helps.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It's mk3.....it's the version you can get from kies or the original zip from xda the day they got it. I downloaded the stock zip from xda and installed that way.
    Sprint zone diagnostics confirms that the kies version is not Sprints final version.
    Like I said previously....I had read somewhere that the actual Sprint file was 200 to 300mgs larger than the kies or original xda files.

I'm thinking now, since Sprint doesn't recognize this as their final version, I will probably get an ota still.
    And I'm guessing Sprint worked out some of these bugs explaining why their file is larger than the others.

Just wanted to put this out there....if unrooted folks wanted to update manually....they might want to just wait on the notification to update from Sprint.

Or the Sprint version includes even more bloatware.

What "bugs" are you referring to?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

The S4 got a 2d update 2 weeks later (MJA 4.3 to MK2 4.3). This must be what is happening with S3?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Or the Sprint version includes even more bloatware.

What "bugs" are you referring to?
    Could be bloatware.....the bugs are similar to others.....dropping wifi for a second and then picking back up. Slightly abnormal battery drainage. Some settings not saving....ie go into app manager and turn off notifications......go back later and it's back on....etc...

But from others who got the ota from Sprint....I haven't heard of any complaints of any bloatware.
    Anyone else?
    Last edited by x893; 12-03-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

Let me add to the confusion. I receive the same information from Sprint Zone and I upgraded through Kies. My build number is JSS15J.L710<b>V</b>PUCMK3. The version that Sprint Zone says will be updated is the same version that my phone reports. Hopefully the OTA of 4.4.1 will come soon and make it all better.

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

Not true at all, I updated w/ Kies last Sunday and my version is L710VPUCMK3

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

Not true at all, I updated w/ Kies last Sunday and my build version is JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3

So is the Kies update and the Sprint OTA update the same? If not, what is different?

Yes they are the same. I did the sprint OTA and my Baseband version is L710VPUCMK3 and my build number is JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3. and when I check sprint zone it tells me I'm up to date.
    Thanked by:
    mak916 

I was wondering because i seen a few videos where some of the features were different. One video showed the light effect on the lock screen. Another video showed Adapt Display like the S4 had.

Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious Jelly Bean

I thought it was different to. Sprint zone showed a different number but after two or three days it matches and said current.