Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Need to confirm baseband version

    I attempted to report to Samsung, the issues experienced with the 4.3 update (i.e. the camera flash for calls and e-mails, download notifications appearing, etc.). Samsung never replied back, so I have no idea if they received my e-mail. Anyways, after two weeks of no response from Samsung, I contacted them via chat. They asked me to report the baseband version. I installed the 4.3 update manually by downloading the update file from the XDA website. Apparently, as per Samsung, I don't have an official baseband installed. I have L710VPUCMK3. The official baseband is L710VPMK3 (and that is what's reflected on the Samsung website).

    Given that I don't have the proper baseband version, is this the cause of the bugs immediately after the update ... camera flash for calls and e-mails, download notifications appearing, etc? Someone had to have developed L710VPUCMK3. I'm trying to now determine how to sort this out as far as getting the proper update on my phone. The only issue that remains outstanding is the blutooth dropping out when the data connectivity is lost.

    I did not see any indication that what I was downloading from XDA was an unofficial update. The update was posted in a thread that indicated the thread was specifically for the discussion of the completely stock update.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,518 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    I attempted to report to Samsung, the issues experienced with the 4.3 update (i.e. the camera flash for calls and e-mails, download notifications appearing, etc.). Samsung never replied back, so I have no idea if they received my e-mail. Anyways, after two weeks of no response from Samsung, I contacted them via chat. They asked me to report the baseband version. I installed the 4.3 update manually by downloading the update file from the XDA website. Apparently, as per Samsung, I don't have an official baseband installed. I have L710VPUCMK3. The official baseband is L710VPMK3 (and that is what's reflected on the Samsung website).

    Given that I don't have the proper baseband version, is this the cause of the bugs immediately after the update ... camera flash for calls and e-mails, download notifications appearing, etc? Someone had to have developed L710VPUCMK3. I'm trying to now determine how to sort this out as far as getting the proper update on my phone. The only issue that remains outstanding is the blutooth dropping out when the data connectivity is lost.

    I did not see any indication that what I was downloading from XDA was an unofficial update. The update was posted in a thread that indicated the thread was specifically for the discussion of the completely stock update.
    Here is the thing: The version you have was developed by Samsung. But it was rejected for whatever reason(s). The one 'Officially' released is the one they are referring to. There You could download from Samsung updates .com. They have a large library of stock ROM files. You could flash that in ODIN and see if the bugs are still there.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    I actually downloaded from XDA, so someone there must have posted the wrong version and stated it was the official release. I am not familiar with using Odin, but I don't think that will work since neither Windows XP or 8.1 can see my phone.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,518 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    I actually downloaded from XDA, so someone there must have posted the wrong version and stated it was the official release. I am not familiar with using Odin, but I don't think that will work since neither Windows XP or 8.1 can see my phone.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    It was probably a leaked version. Odin will work with XP and 8.1. You may need to install updated Samsung Drivers.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    I'm I going to lose anything by going to the official update? I thought I had the official update, but now I'm finding out otherwise.

    Is there a resource I can refer to for getting the official release installed?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,518 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    I'm I going to lose anything by going to the official update? I thought I had the official update, but now I'm finding out otherwise.

    Is there a resource I can refer to for getting the official release installed?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Backing up contacts and messages would be a good idea, along with anything else you do not want to risk losing.
    [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN
    [Guide][Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    You probably don't need to rewrite the entire device through Odin. try installing the latest version of Kies on your PC and see if you can install the official update that way.

    There are, you realize, easy fixes for each of the issues you describe.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    Apparently there are different versions of the update being released, depending on how the update is obtained. In the Spirit forums, some are reporting that updating via Kies resulted in getting the 4.3 version I have, and someone in the Sprint forum indicated I should actually keep the currently installed update.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Need to confirm baseband version

    FWIW, I manually updated to 4.3 using the file from Post #1 in . My device's baseband is L710VPUCMK3 and build number is JSS15J.L710VPUCMK3. My wife, who has the same device, received the OTA tonight as pushed from Sprint. Her device's baseband and build number are exactly the same as mine.

Similar Threads

  1. For JB 4.1 Users, how to manually TRIM? (no root)
    By Jason Kim5 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 08:48 PM
  2. s note greeting when I try to upload to Facebook it's say fail
    By zaydabarber in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:58 AM
  3. Tap to Answer? Confirm to Dial?
    By David Lessnau in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 10:28 AM
  4. Why you do this to me hangouts?
    By win465 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2013, 10:21 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

B