1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Updated to android 4.3 Now I get no reception.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S3. I just updated to android 4.3, and now I only get 0 to 3 bars in my house. Usually just one bar. I used to get a FULL SET of bars and as soon as I updated, I stopped getting reception. Tried taking the battery out and popping it back in. I got a full set of bars for less than minute, then they dropped to 1. The signal strength floats between 16 and 32 asu.

Can anybody help me out? It has to be connected to the Android update. I've always had a full set of bars in my house before updating.

Thanks.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Updated to android 4.3 Now I get no reception.

I think it's fixed. I re-booted 3 times in a row, now I have a full set of bars again.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Try updating PRL and Profile.
    Palm 650, Palm Centro, Pam PRE, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus, Galaxy S3 . . .
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much, Icaro. I spoke too soon on my "fix" of rebooting. It only worked for about 30 minutes before I lost all bars.

I updated PRL and Profile, with no change, then rebooted. All bars again--sort of. It goes from full bars to zero to full to zero to three to zero... Which is better than zero all the time, I guess.

Living in Los Angeles, I've never had a dropped call. Is this something I'm going to have to accept?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvie Monk View Post
    Thanks so much, Icaro. I spoke too soon on my "fix" of rebooting. It only worked for about 30 minutes before I lost all bars.

I updated PRL and Profile, with no change, then rebooted. All bars again--sort of. It goes from full bars to zero to full to zero to three to zero... Which is better than zero all the time, I guess.

Living in Los Angeles, I've never had a dropped call. Is this something I'm going to have to accept?
    Maybe Sprint is doing upgrades or repairs on the towers in your area.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's possible Chloe, but I doubt it. As soon as I updated (boy do I regret THAT), I got no bars. Plus I've found a lot of people with the same problem, but no solid solutions so far.

In the dialer, enter ##7286#. Your phone will reprovision to the Sprint network. It's normal for it to reboot a couple of times.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks a million Meyer. While the code is "not valid", it did inspire me to do a soft reset (again!). It seems to have worked this time. I'm one bar shy of a full set! And unlike other resets, they are solid. The 3rd time truly is the charm! Yes! Thanks again for your help. I wouldn't have tried another reset if it weren't for your post.

Oops, typo. That should have been ##72786#. Darn one-handed typing.

Glad you got it working.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3