Galaxy S3: how to shut off flash when phone rings

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone just updated and my flash goes off every time I get a notification or the phone rings. How do I shut this off?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: how to shut off flash when phone rings

Look in accessibility settings. Or look in any of the other half-dozen threads where the question has been answered.

Lance Kujala

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy S3 recently updated to 4.3.

Now the Flash Notification comes on all the time.
I have turned OFF Accessibility | Flash Notification;
I have tried turning it ON, rebooting, turning it OFF...
but every time the phone rings, the light keeps flashing.

So, is this a bug in 4.3 or is there another setting that overrides this setting?

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Galaxy S3 recently updated to 4.3.

Now the Flash Notification comes on all the time.
I have turned OFF Accessibility | Flash Notification;
I have tried turning it ON, rebooting, turning it OFF...
but every time the phone rings, the light keeps flashing.

So, is this a bug in 4.3 or is there another setting that overrides this setting?

Keep trying. My girlfriends phone had the same issue, but I checked/unchecked + reset over and over till I was cleared.

brobin

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Glad I found this. It showed 'off' already so I turned it on and turned it off and now the flash is gone. Thanks all!

Outtlaw

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

none of these answers were workin for me so i sat down for a while and figured it out my self. go to settings..........click my device on the top.......go down to accessibility....scroll down to "hearing" and it is called "flash notification".....mine was off but still flashed turned it on clickd ok and turned it back off had daughter call and it was gone finally gone. hope this works for any one who is haveing the same problem

Stacy Hurt

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Outlaw; your suggestion worked. I had to switch the flash to 'on' then 'off' as mine wasn't even 'on' to begin with. Thanks!

Cindy Edwards1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

none of these answers were workin for me so i sat down for a while and figured it out my self. go to settings..........click my device on the top.......go down to accessibility....scroll down to "hearing" and it is called "flash notification".....mine was off but still flashed turned it on clickd ok and turned it back off had daughter call and it was gone finally gone. hope this works for any one who is haveing the same problem

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks that's the only thing that worked for me too

asims67

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

definitely worked for me too. but the question is why do things like this happen? started with a glitch - suddenly all my alerts were different, settings would not allow me to change anything (interestingly they were still at my original choices), would not show anything new or missed on the screen. Then, update came, was able to change all settings back, but for alerts for messages. Researched that, did a cache clear with reboot, got everything back but for the flashing light. And so now that is fixed. In all, probably spent well over couple of hours on the issues - everything is fixed, but those hours could have been better used elsewhere! there is still no explanation to what happened. I do not download stuff (4 in a year), nothing changed, happened suddenly with no explanation!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress