(4.3) Phone screen doesn't light up or wake up when receiveing text messages any more.

giannim

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 4.3 from the zip a while back and since then whenever I receive a text message, it just vibrates and doesn't actually wake the screen up like it previously did. I've searched and S3's on 4.3 on other carriers have the option in the settings while the Sprint version does not. Is there anything that will bring this function back? Also, does anyone recommend any decent lock screen replacements without root, or do you have to be on root for that? Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about your second question, but the waking of the phone, I would look at it this way: it can save on the battery. The less a phone actually wakes up and even better, doesn't light up the screen can save battery power.

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm (and I personally like) the screen not waking up anymore from text messages. There isn't any option to turn it back on. Maybe a third party application might help you for the function you want.

giannim

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X one is really cool. I can Google it. I just really wish there was a way to screen wake for a text message, I do tend to miss some text messages because of it.

SeriouslyWtfm8

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about your second question, but the waking of the phone, I would look at it this way: it can save on the battery. The less a phone actually wakes up and even better, doesn't light up the screen can save battery power.

I made an account just to say how stupid that response is. Who tells a person that a bug they're experience is actually a feature? /facepalm

wdabbas

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
To the contrary, that phone "bug" you are experiencing may actually be a battery saving mode gimmick! try turning battery saving mode off and see if it begins to light up upon message arrivals again. let us know :cool:

VitoNick81

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I have a Galaxy S3 work phone
Provider: Sprint
Model: SPH-L710
Android: 4.4.2
I can't find a single thing under settings that'll allow me to change the screens reaction to a text or other notification. It used to light up and show whatever message was coming through. Now, and I also believe this happened when Sprint finally provided the most recent Android update. Currently there is still an audible alert as well as a vibration alert, but no visual display of the information.
Oh, and I also agree that it is pretty ridiculous to comment just to tell the OP that they should be happy with their current lack of settings because it is better that way for whatever reason. There are many features, GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.. all of which would yes increase your battery life if off. Commenting about this fact will not change the fact that we all want our on/off switches to still exist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane