1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (4.3) Phone screen doesn't light up or wake up when receiveing text messages any more.

I updated to 4.3 from the zip a while back and since then whenever I receive a text message, it just vibrates and doesn't actually wake the screen up like it previously did. I've searched and S3's on 4.3 on other carriers have the option in the settings while the Sprint version does not. Is there anything that will bring this function back? Also, does anyone recommend any decent lock screen replacements without root, or do you have to be on root for that? Thank you.

Global Posts
    13,913 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: (4.3) Phone screen doesn't light up or wake up when receiveing text messages any more.

Not sure about your second question, but the waking of the phone, I would look at it this way: it can save on the battery. The less a phone actually wakes up and even better, doesn't light up the screen can save battery power.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: (4.3) Phone screen doesn't light up or wake up when receiveing text messages any more.

I can confirm (and I personally like) the screen not waking up anymore from text messages. There isn't any option to turn it back on. Maybe a third party application might help you for the function you want.

AS far as lock screens, what do you want a lock screen to do? Without knowing that, it's hard to make any suggestions.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The Moto X one is really cool. I can Google it. I just really wish there was a way to screen wake for a text message, I do tend to miss some text messages because of it.

I've only read the write-ups Cover:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4