1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck at start up

I really hope someone can help. I am new to Android and so far I despise it. I am close to losing over 1200 pics and vids - again. I have no idea if I backed up or not.

More info at this link from my post earlier tonight:

Samsung Galaxy S3 frozen on start screen... HELP PLEASE!

My question:

Do I need to install the original os or 'root'? If so, can it be done via memory card?

Right now I am using the refurbished Galaxy S3 that Verizon sent. I did not tweak my frozen Galaxy S3 at all, have barely had a chance to get to know it. The keyboard on this one is very different....not sure if that matters?

I have a memory card in this one (was never in the other, that's not the prob). Can I download the original software to the card, put the card in the frozen phone, and go into download mode and install it? Will this resolve the issue?

Sincerely frustrated. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Stuck at start up

I answered you in your other thread. But if you're on Verizon, be very careful about advice given in the Sprint forum, where this post is.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Stuck at start up

I'll stay on the other thread. Thanks for the heads up!