1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bigbro??? What is this hidden process?

Since the new 4.3 update, my phone has been less efficient than it has been for long before the update. The phone seems to run warmer than it usually does, which tells me there is now something running on it that probably wasn't before, and as a result, my battery life is suffering from it a bit which does not make me happy. SO, I downloaded an app called "CPU Monitor" to see what processes are running and if I could stop something from running unnecessarily. It has a feature where you can monitor processes in real time, and when I start the process and select Realtime, the first thing I see in the list of running processes is one named "com.bigbro.ProcessProfiler".

Now as of late, all the talk about NSA tapping into everything and recently the Flashlight app giving away location information behind our backs has me on edge about who else besides me and my contacts is in my phone, possibly watching and/or tracking what my phone and I are doing. The term "Big Brother" is a common nickname for the government agencies (or any spy agency) spying on the people, and with a process running discretely on my phone named xxxxbigbroxxxx, that makes me a bit nervous, as I would not have known that unless I installed that app. Granted, I don't know if this was running before the update, but either way I would like to know what this is and just how blatant "Big Brother" actually is, if this actually is what my nightmare makes it out to be. Can anyone identify this process? What is going on? If it isn't anything crazy, what about this update is dragging my battery life down?? Samsung/Android really dropped the ball on this update. More lost than gained with this update!!

Default Re: Bigbro??? What is this hidden process?

Its not likely NSA since they have full access to the E911 system on your phone which can log and send all the info on your phone without detection.

Is it possible someone had access to your phone and installed a spyware to it without you knowing?

I would say to be sure factory reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Its not likely NSA since they have full access to the E911 system on your phone which can log and send all the info on your phone without detection.
    Well that's nice to know...

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Is it possible someone had access to your phone and installed a spyware to it without you knowing?

I would say to be sure factory reset.
    No one has used it long enough to install an app but that doesn't necessarily mean other apps install something discretely behind my back. I installed Avast mobile & scanned it but it came back with no results. If anyone else finds info on this please post. Not sure yet what this is. Could possibly even be the monitoring app itself, but I don't know.

I think that is the CPU monitor process:

or another app by the same developer:

The play store link for the app has that process name in the URL:
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3