1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S3 goes into mute with vibrator, but not mute without vibrator

Hello all

When I use the volume buttons on the site to make the phone silent, it only goes to mute with vibrator on. I have to pull down the notification bar and use the on/off buttons in the top to disable vibration. When I do that the vibration is off. But why can't I not just keep pushing the volume lower until it goes to mute without that vibration on?

Phone: s3
    Android: 4.1.2

Thanks in advance

/Jacob

Default Re: My S3 goes into mute with vibrator, but not mute without vibrator

The way it works is to push the down volume button till it vibrates and let it go. Tap the volume down a second time and Vibrate will turn off. Been this way since 4.1.1 OS.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hello again

Thanks for the reply, but that doesnt work on my phone somehow...

I hold til low volume key pushed till the phone vibrates, but no matter what I do next the phone won't go totally silent. I have to pull down the notification bar and push vibrator off. Then the phone is totally silent. What could be the reason that your way doesnt work on my phone?

Hello there, I'm not too sure if you can help me or not lol. I'm trying to figure out where to ask my question...I DONT have my earphones connected at all to my s3. I only use them when driving and talking. I noticed last night that my phone keeps showing me that my headphones are connected when they ARENT! I'm trying to find a way to fix this. My phone obv isn't ringing because if this. Do you have a solution?!? Thanks for your time, Chris

You might try plugging the headphones in and out a couple of times and see if it clears up.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram