Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By loftylee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Message not sent" Notification!?!?

Hi guys, my first post..... So go easy on me!
    my S3 has developed a strange and annoying issue. I have tried searching the forum for a previous thread on this issue, but can't find one...... So here goes!

Whenever I send or receive a text I get a notification come up, symbol is the same as for receiving a text, but also has a cross over it, and the message "Message not sent"
    every message does get sent.
    its also strange that When I get an a text I get the initial notification for the text, but then as soon as I open the text message and the initial notification disappears It is replaced with the above "Message not sent" error!

I have gone through all the setting in the notification settings, also going through the app settings and the the phone general setting. If I turn off "Show notifications" through the applications manager I cant urn off both of the above notifications, but then thats annoying as I don't get notifications when I get a text!

Any ideas?
    please keep answers in simple terms, as I'm that tech savy!
    Cheers

Global Posts
    22,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "Message not sent" Notification!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by loftylee View Post
    Hi guys, my first post..... So go easy on me!
    my S3 has developed a strange and annoying issue. I have tried searching the forum for a previous thread on this issue, but can't find one...... So here goes!

Whenever I send or receive a text I get a notification come up, symbol is the same as for receiving a text, but also has a cross over it, and the message "Message not sent"
    every message does get sent.
    its also strange that When I get an a text I get the initial notification for the text, but then as soon as I open the text message and the initial notification disappears It is replaced with the above "Message not sent" error!

I have gone through all the setting in the notification settings, also going through the app settings and the the phone general setting. If I turn off "Show notifications" through the applications manager I cant urn off both of the above notifications, but then thats annoying as I don't get notifications when I get a text!

Any ideas?
    please keep answers in simple terms, as I'm that tech savy!
    Cheers
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried to clear cache in recovery? That might help. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - but Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by loftylee View Post
    Thanks, I'll give that a go and let you know how I get on!
    Also a few questions for you, are you on: (1) wi-fi? (2) 3G/4G data, or a Sprint Airave (looks like a modem that they would have sent to you)?

Also do a restart by holding down your power button until a selection menu pops up - or simply pull the battery, wait about 15 seconds, put your battery in again and start it up and try sending your text again.
    Sprint LG G3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (tweaked and rooted)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Apple iPad 3 (yes, I have one of those also)
    "kickstand4u" mobile kickstands for all mobile devices

Oh my! I rooted and xposed my LG G3!
    Rock Solid and Almost Perfect!