1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone unresponsive

Occasionally when I go to swipe the screen to unlock it, the phone system becomes unresponsive. It goes to a black screen and it won't unlock or turn off. Eventually I get a message that the system is busy and I can either wait or cancel. When I select cancel, the phone starts working again. I've had this happen only twice so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Phone unresponsive

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    Occasionally when I go to swipe the screen to unlock it, the phone system becomes unresponsive. It goes to a black screen and it won't unlock or turn off. Eventually I get a message that the system is busy and I can either wait or cancel. When I select cancel, the phone starts working again. I've had this happen only twice so far.

Posted via Android Central App
    Something is keeping the phone in deep sleep or locked. Have you installed any new apps recently?

You can also check the apps to see what is running that shouldn't be. If the problem persist then consider a factory reset to clear the problem. If you resort to a factory reset be sure to carefully watch which apps or services you are using just in case the problem restarts. That way you know to stay away from whatever is causing the issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was running iHeart radio at the time the phone stopped responding. I suppose this indicates a problem with that application and the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

This has happened too me as well ever since I updated to 4.3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    I was running iHeart radio at the time the phone stopped responding. I suppose this indicates a problem with that application and the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    their is a small chance that could be, i had a problem with Pandora sometimes similar to your problem, and ever since i uninstalled it hasn't done it. If that doesn't work i would try a Factory Restart they help sometimes.