1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question: Device Administrator Kies

Hey fellow S3 users. I have a question as to whatever I messed up any function with my phone. Earlier I disabled Samsung Kies in the device administrators. I don't remember what or why I was doing it, but I went back to re-enable kies and it's gone. Disappeared. Should I worry about it? I've attached a screen shot of what I mentioned earlier. thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question: Device Administrator Kies-screenshot_2014-01-05-13-37-33.png  
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

Default Re: Question: Device Administrator Kies

I don't think I only have the "Android Device Manager" since I removed "Knox" and I never remember seeing one for "kies"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Did you have Kies Air installed? I wouldn't think the desktop Kies would set a device administrator, but I could be wrong. If it was Kies Air, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Did you have Kies Air installed? I wouldn't think the desktop Kies would set a device administrator, but I could be wrong. If it was Kies Air, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    I do have Kies Air installed on my phone although I hardly if not rarely use it. I do not have it installed on my computers. I recently took your advice Meyerweb and uninstalled-reinstalled the Kies program on my phone to see if the Device Administrator would return the Kies. Nothing happen. Currently it seems not important to have it on, but I want to ensure my accidental mistake isn't costly.
    Last edited by HULKchampion; 01-06-2014 at 04:32 PM.

I don't have Kies as an administrator on my phone either, and never did. So I wouldn't worry too much about it being gone.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you for your time Meyerweb & Djedgarftw