Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question: Device Administrator Kies

Hey fellow S3 users. I have a question as to whatever I messed up any function with my phone. Earlier I disabled Samsung Kies in the device administrators. I don't remember what or why I was doing it, but I went back to re-enable kies and it's gone. Disappeared. Should I worry about it? I've attached a screen shot of what I mentioned earlier. thanks for the help.

Default Re: Question: Device Administrator Kies

I don't think I only have the "Android Device Manager" since I removed "Knox" and I never remember seeing one for "kies"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Did you have Kies Air installed? I wouldn't think the desktop Kies would set a device administrator, but I could be wrong. If it was Kies Air, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Did you have Kies Air installed? I wouldn't think the desktop Kies would set a device administrator, but I could be wrong. If it was Kies Air, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    I do have Kies Air installed on my phone although I hardly if not rarely use it. I do not have it installed on my computers. I recently took your advice Meyerweb and uninstalled-reinstalled the Kies program on my phone to see if the Device Administrator would return the Kies. Nothing happen. Currently it seems not important to have it on, but I want to ensure my accidental mistake isn't costly.

I don't have Kies as an administrator on my phone either, and never did. So I wouldn't worry too much about it being gone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you for your time Meyerweb & Djedgarftw