Phone won't start up

transmini

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I was reading a book on my phone earlier. I stuck my phone in my pocket because I had to go do other things. After about a half hour I pulled my phone out when I got home and my phone was off. I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I took out and replaced the battery but it still wouldn't turn on. Then I plugged in my phone thinking it may just be dead, but the charging light doesn't come on and it still doesn't turn on. How can I fix the phone?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was reading a book on my phone earlier. I stuck my phone in my pocket because I had to go do other things. After about a half hour I pulled my phone out when I got home and my phone was off. I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I took out and replaced the battery but it still wouldn't turn on. Then I plugged in my phone thinking it may just be dead, but the charging light doesn't come on and it still doesn't turn on. How can I fix the phone?
Welcome to Android Central :)
Can you boot into download or recovery mode? Download mode is Volume down + home + power...recovery is volume up + the others

transmini

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Bummer. But I have an update. Not a good one really. But I found someone else who has an S3 and tried their battery. My phone still didn't turn on. Any ideas on what the problem might be? And ill be heading into a store sometime tomorrow to have it looked at

mojaxson

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
im having the same problem.. when i stick the battery back in the phone vibrates and the samsung logo flashes on the screen like its about to start up and then the screen goes black

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
im having the same problem.. when i stick the battery back in the phone vibrates and the samsung logo flashes on the screen like its about to start up and then the screen goes black

And you can't boot into recovery or download either?

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
There's certainly no guarantee this will help either person, but at least give it a try: Pull the battery, and leave it out for 10 minutes or so. Then put it back in and connect it to a known good charger for a couple of hours.

If the battery is truly, totally drained, a few minutes on a charger won't do anything. And it's always possible the charger or USB cable is bad, so try another one.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon