Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb FYI: Battery Drain? Try this...

Hey all!

One of the many app updates came down recently and I noticed a big battery drain...with Google Services being the big culprit. I think I found a couple things to switch off and have noticed a HUGE improvement.

1. Settings>More>Location Services. Uncheck Use Wireless Networks.
    2. Open Google Now>Settings>Accounts & Privacy>Google Location Settings>Set Location Reporting to OFF.

Everything else seems to work normally and after nearly 18 hours, I've used only 25% battery after above average usage. Prior to the two changes, it would take about two hours to get to use 25%.

Global Posts
    19,253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: FYI: Battery Drain? Try this...

Thanks for the heads up.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Thanks for the input. I'll try this out. Hopefully this won't effect the phone with my daily usage.

Update:16Jan14
    I had to turn those two options back on. For sometime, it seemed to work well but than my "Notification Weather Premium" application started acting up. Not detecting location or constant network error while I was 3g, 4g or WiFi.
    Last edited by HULKchampion; 01-16-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Update
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

If you have excessive Battery Drain. First find out what's causing it. BBS ( Better Battery Stats ) is good for that. Also if you want to squeeze a bit more out of the Stock Battery Greenify does really help. Simple, and easy to use.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My change was making a big difference at first, but it seems like after a few other app updates, it's not lasting as long now. I'll keep things off as everything was working normally for me...but yeah, I got excited about a potential of a quick solution.