Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default clock/time zone error

My phone alarm went off at 6:10 this morning. Shut it off and grabbed my tablet to check weather, emails, AC, and noticed it was ONLY 5:10! Went back to phone and weather widget said 5:10, but phone time said 6:10. Went to settings and noticed that my time zone was set for Eastern (I'm Central, I have not been travelling nor have I changed clock settings). This is the second time in about a month that this has happened, so I changed my time settings to manual, as I really could have used that extra hour of sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? FYI I am in north Alabama, and they have been upgrading towers here over the last two months.

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: clock/time zone error

Quote Originally Posted by hitsmanj View Post
    My phone alarm went off at 6:10 this morning. Shut it off and grabbed my tablet to check weather, emails, AC, and noticed it was ONLY 5:10! Went back to phone and weather widget said 5:10, but phone time said 6:10. Went to settings and noticed that my time zone was set for Eastern (I'm Central, I have not been travelling nor have I changed clock settings). This is the second time in about a month that this has happened, so I changed my time settings to manual, as I really could have used that extra hour of sleep. Has anyone else experienced this? FYI I am in north Alabama, and they have been upgrading towers here over the last two months.
    Perhaps clearing cache in recovery? Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Just tried this, will return periodically to update results Thanks!

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hitsmanj View Post
    Just tried this, will return periodically to update results Thanks!
    A good thing to do when a device gets a system update. Sometimes cached data from older versions of Android get in the way.
    Hopefully it helps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here