Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By janus3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problem with galaxy 23 renaming files then rendering them useless.

title should read s3, sorry.

i've looked online and couldn't find anything. here is the problem.

i have a 64 gb micro sd card i use. it is a sandisk ultra.

i've since formatted it to fat 32.

what happens is i use this to hold mp3 songs and have them by genre. i.e. disco, classic r & b, 80's, etc.

they'll play for awhile then for some reason my galaxy will change the folder's name into something like μisco or μlassi~2

the file will be visible, but the contents missing.

when i place it in the adapter, it show as having the space used, but the files are missing.

when i right click the folder, it's "read only" and "archives" checked.

unchecking does nothing.

if i delete them, they're gone, but show back up on the galaxy.

i need to reformat to completely get rid of them. but this becomes troublesome.

any ideas? thanks.

Default Re: problem with galaxy 23 renaming files then rendering them useless.

Welcome to Android Central! I know this won't be very helpful, but it may just be due to the fact that Samsung devices seem to have more problems than others when it comes to handling SD cards. There are numerous threads about issues with SD cards and Samsung throughout these forums. The only thing I can suggest right now is that if the card is relatively old, try a newer one, since cards can go bad after a while. There is in fact a lifespan, which depends on the number of read-write cycles.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! I know this won't be very helpful, but it may just be due to the fact that Samsung devices seem to have more problems than others when it comes to handling SD cards. There are numerous threads about issues with SD cards and Samsung throughout these forums. The only thing I can suggest right now is that if the card is relatively old, try a newer one, since cards can go bad after a while. There is in fact a lifespan, which depends on the number of read-write cycles.
    thank you diddy. i was ultimately gonna do this last but came here in hopes maybe this is a technical aspect that can be corrected. if i can't get any suggestions your will be the way i go.
    B. Diddy likes this.

The S3 seems to have a lot of problems with 64 GB cards, even once they've been formatted to FAT32. I gave up on mine, and got a 32GB, which has worked flawlessly for the last several months.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by: