Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Problems with default e-mail application

I am experiencing some problems with the default mail application. The first problem is in trying to scroll through the inbox to find a particular message. Even though I have configured Outlook on my computer to download messages, a copy is still left on the server - I think I have turned off this option. The mail application holds about 15 messages in the initial view. As I scroll from the bottom up, eventually more messages are downloaded. After doing this about 2 or 3 times, I find the message I need. I don't know if this is the 'slow' Sprint network doing this, but it takes a few minutes to get the messages fully downloaded. As I keep scrolling to try to get to the message I need, message list is automatically scrolling back to the top.

The next problem I am having is if a particular message is long. As I scroll down to view the message and then let go, the message scrolls back to the top on its own.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-07-2014 at 09:48 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Problems with default e-mail applicaiton

Can anyone help me out with the e-mail issue?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Still looking for help with this. I can't read through a message without it scrolling back to the top.

Sorry, but I haven't seen this before. This is with the Samsung email app? The only thing I can suggest is to try one of the free email apps from the play store instead of the built-in app.

Lot's of people like Aqua Mail, and if your outlook account is on outlook.com, and not a corporate exchange account, Microsoft has an app for that:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=email&c=apps
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Global Posts
    19,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    Still looking for help with this. I can't read through a message without it scrolling back to the top.

Hopefully meyer's suggestion helps. Let us know what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I installed Aqua Mail, and it turns out it works better than the default mail application. Now I just need to make Aqua Mail the default account so that I'm not receiving new mail alerts for both applications.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    JF

Default Re: Galaxy S3: Problems with default e-mail application

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    As I keep scrolling to try to get to the message I need, message list is automatically scrolling back to the top.

The next problem I am having is if a particular message is long. As I scroll down to view the message and then let go, the message scrolls back to the top on its own.
    Try checking Settings>Motion> Uncheck Double Tap to Top