Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Firmware recover update via KIES & IMEI problem

Question:
    A Firmware recover update via KIES cand modify IMEI??

What happened:
    I had a corrupted OS showing messages like failed to mount data ... efs, invalid argument and stuff.
    So I used KIES to recover it and now my IMEI has changed to a generic 004999010640000 / 04
    How can I solve this situation?

Default Re: Firmware recover update via KIES & IMEI problem

The /efs partition contains your IMEI. If it was corrupted then it's possible that there was nothing Kies could do but write a generic IMEI (although it prompts you for the model number and IMEI during a firmware reload - you'd think it could figure it out).

Now that the corruption is fixed, try reloading the firmware again using the second item in the Tools menu (Firmware upgrade and initialisation).

If that doesn't work you'll have to see if you can get an answer over on XDA.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    The /efs partition contains your IMEI. If it was corrupted then it's possible that there was nothing Kies could do but write a generic IMEI (although it prompts you for the model number and IMEI during a firmware reload - you'd think it could figure it out).

Now that the corruption is fixed, try reloading the firmware again using the second item in the Tools menu (Firmware upgrade and initialisation).

If that doesn't work you'll have to see if you can get an answer over on XDA.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    I did that but no sucess.
    It can be fixed somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitor Costa2 View Post
    It can be fixed somehow?
    Not with anything I know - I only know enough to be dangerous. As I mentioned earlier, the folks over on XDA may be able to help you. Or you could try http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...ei-efs-repair/