GS3, virtually no service

eedel

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly as the title says. I'm in S.E. Michigan north east of detroit, with a rooted S3 running cyanogen 11... My phone audio both directions sounds like a jpeg from 1998. My wireless is terrible, and I often lose the ability to send texts. The phone us on great shape and never abused.

Of course I've heard all the Sprint excuses, just curious if there's something I can do.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've not used cyanogen, so I don't know if these suggestions will help or not.

Are you undervolting? Noisy audio can be a symptom of too low voltages. Some S3's can accept lower voltages than others, and yours may be one that doesn't tolerate it as well. If you are UV, try bumping them up closer to OEM levels and see what happens.

If the phone app has a noise cancelling setting (on the stock ROM it looks like a jagged graph with a line through it), try turning that off. the noise cancelling doesn't seem to get along with some kernels.

If there are options in settings to update PRL and Profile try running those.

With a TW ROM, you can enter ##72786# to reprovision the phone. I don't think that works in CM, but you could reflash a TW ROM, reprovision, and then reflash CM. If you do that, check the call quality while using the TW ROM and see how it is. If you're using a custom kernel, try a different one. The problem could be the ROM, or the Kernel you're using.

In the end, though, it may just be that you're in a lousy coverage area, and nothing you do will make a difference. BTW, what does a jpeg sound like? :)