Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Aquila
  • 2 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to Unlock Pin - Via Voice on Samsung Galaxy S3

Hello everyone!

I am sure I'm not the first to have this problem, but I couldn't find anything on the forum about it. Illinois has a new law where if your phone is in your hand you get a ticket. Clearly I need to avoid that. Also, my employer has device policy and we have to use a pin to lock our phones. My issue is that I can't enter my pin manually while driving (that whole ticket thing), and my headset won't unlock it.

Is there a way to make it so I can just say my pin and unlock the screen? I really like S voice, and don't want to disable that. I just need a way to get past the pin so I can use S Voice!!

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Global Posts
    11,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

Default re: Need to Unlock Pin - Via Voice on Samsung Galaxy S3

Only motorola devices do that, to my knowledge, so far. Another option would be to get a car dock and set the screen to stay on while it's docked. Also, just setting your screen to stay on for longer might do it (display settings). That wastes battery and is less secure, so it might be better to use a dock, etc. Or set it to keep the display on while charging and charge it while you're in the car.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Need to Unlock Pin - Via Voice on Samsung Galaxy S3

If the headset you are using is Bluetooth, you can use the app 'SkipLock" to bypass the pin when connected to a BT device

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Aquila and sleepybubbles like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Well, I have a bluetooth headset and have had several....and I've hated them all. My ears are to small or something so they never fit right no matter how adjustable they are, they're never loud enough to hear well, and whoever I am talking to gets wayyyy too much background noise.

What I've been using is the set of headphones that came with the phone. I can hear who I'm talking to very well, and they can hear me very well. If you know of a really, really good Bluetooth maybe I could try yet another one.

As of now, with the bluetooth and the headphones, I press the button and S Voice politely tells me how many messages I have, but doesn't respond to commands or read anything out. It just pops up on the screen asking for my pin.

I tried talking to tech support at my company to see if maybe they could let us use voice passwords or something, but that was a no go. They told me to find an app...and thus I am here.

Ideally, I'd like to keep using the headphones though!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I am going to look into a dock, but I really hate to have it anywhere I can see it because I reallllllly want to read my emails if I see that I have them, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    If the headset you are using is Bluetooth, you can use the app 'SkipLock" to bypass the pin when connected to a BT device
    Skiplock is a great app, but if the pin requirement is implemented via Exchange policies, as most companies do, Skiplock can't bypass that pin. If the device is rooted, there is an xPosed module that will bypass an exchange policy pinlock.
    UJ95x likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Skiplock is a great app, but if the pin requirement is implemented via Exchange policies, as most companies do, Skiplock can't bypass that pin. If the device is rooted, there is an xPosed module that will bypass an exchange policy pinlock.
    My company implements the rules through the app Google Policy. Know of any way to get around that at least when headphones or headset are connected? And my phone is not rooted...still under warranty lol.

Not sure about skiplock and google policy. It might work. There's a free trial, so give it shot.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...shima.skiplock