Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power button hypersensitive

So up until a few hours ago, my Galaxy S3 had been running smoothly, until the power button suddenly became extremely sensitive where the phone would reboot if I even grazed it. Now I can't get my phone to turn on without it almost instantly shutting off and turning again in a loop. Does anyone else have this problem?

Default Re: Power button hypersensitive

You need to use a pin to lift the power button a little bit, it gets this sensitive due to constant switching on and off. If you have the fear of using a pin, then just get someone with some phone experience to do it for you. Its really a small problem to do with the button.

Default Re: Power button hypersensitive

This probably isn't a problem with your power button but with your motherboard. It's a fairly common problem. I just had this problem crop up and Sprint amazingly replaced the phone without even requiring me to pay a deductible.

This is a hell of a problem if you don't have your phone already backed up because it won't stay on long enough to make a full backup.