Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] Issue with flashing phone. Please help.

So I just got a used s3 from flebay (bad esn). Sprint Galaxy s3.

I dial ##3424# and I can get the phone to show up with a com port, connect with CDMA, but when I click read, it says ":: failed ::" next to ESN and number. So ok I thought maybe I got to send the SPC to it first, and since the old 16 digit pw does not work for 4.3 anymore, I flash it back to 4.1.1, connect via cdma to com port, but it says fail to send to phone.

- I've tried 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.3, and a couple diff modem. All give same result.
    - I also tried to use QPST. In QPST configuration, the target port shows enabled, com19, no phone, usb. It does not want to recognize the phone as well.

Any ideas what it could be guys? I'm suspecting this phone cannot be flashed or even used. I was able to get my S2 to work, but somehow this S3 is giving me tons of problems.

Default Re: [Q] Issue with flashing phone. Please help.

Hello,

Yes that is the whole point behind a BAD ESN/ESN blacklisted phone is to detour anyone from activating it. The former owner owed Sprint money on the bill/contract and skipped out for whatever reason.

As for discussion of flashing a bad ESN phone its something we don't allow or encourage within the forums.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.