Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd delay when answering phone

It's kind of a recent development. I thought it might be my wife's phone, but it only seems to happen when she's calling me. What happens is when she calls me and I answer "hello" immediately, she doesn't hear me. I end up having to wait about three or four seconds to say "hello" when she calls...as if there is a delay. Location doesn't seem to be a factor since it happens all over the place - home, work, all over town.

Would this be a hardware issue? A network issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Global Posts
    21,584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Odd delay when answering phone

Probably a network issue.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Odd delay when answering phone

I've been having this problem as well, even on different ROMs. Happens with every phone I have called. Also happens with my friends S4 that's on Verizon when ever he calls someone and gets a call from someone. One thing that happens for me is that if im talking to my friend that has an iPhone on Verizon, that we both break up on each end of the call, perfect service or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    It's kind of a recent development. I thought it might be my wife's phone, but it only seems to happen when she's calling me. What happens is when she calls me and I answer "hello" immediately, she doesn't hear me. I end up having to wait about three or four seconds to say "hello" when she calls...as if there is a delay. Location doesn't seem to be a factor since it happens all over the place - home, work, all over town.

Would this be a hardware issue? A network issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)