Processor not responding

remadegold

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
For the second or third time, my phone has frozen up and I get a "The processor is not responding" screen. I usually just hard reboot, but I'd really like to know why it's happening. I'm new to android, and my previous (an LG) turned into a nightmare so I'm kinda paranoid. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

That's a new one to me - sounds like you may have a real hardware problem. Here are some things you can try, just to see if the behavior continues:
1. Shut the phone off completely; remove the battery for a few minutes; reinsert the battery and turn the phone back on
2. Boot the phone into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 (you won't be able to use any 3rd party apps in this mode)
3. Boot into Recovery mode and clear the cache
4. Boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Reset (this will erase all of your information [except what is stored on an SD card, if present] so make a backup of anything important first - install the Kies software on your computer for this)

Here's how to get into Recovery mode:
- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
- you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
- the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
-- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
-- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
- for either, you start with the phone completely off
- press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)

Try Recovery mode first (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart. If the phone doesn't boot normally then try Recovery mode again but this time select Factory Reset.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie