Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pink splatters on my lcd

Can anyone help me with this? I changed the screen on my phone, I've done it a lot of times but this time it was a newer phone and i don't think i got the glass as hot as it should've been before i pulled the screen off. I notice a pink smear on the upper right corner of my phone and it started to spread like a virus, its not affecting the touch sensibility just the visuals. My question, do i need to get a new lcd or can this be fixed?

Pink splatters on my lcd-imag4533.jpgPink splatters on my lcd-imag4535.jpg
    Last edited by jubleve; 04-03-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Default Re: Pink splatters on my lcd

Just to clarify, your phone doesn't have an LCD, it's an AMOLED panel. With that off the way, from the pictures it looks as if there was some sort of contamination between the panel and the glass (you are probably seeing it 'spread' because it's oxidizing or reacting to the heat of the panel or something). If you press (lightly) on it, does it change in any way? You can also check with a magnifying glass to see if the blotches are 'pixelated' or not; if the discoloration occurs 'mid pixel', then your panel is not to blame (entirely).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I figured it was the heat causing it to spread, but nothing changes when I press it. It has actual gotten worse since I posted this morning. I don't have a magnifying glass but from what I see I looks exactly like an air brushed painting.

Then yeah, it sounds like there's something between the panel and glass that's changing colors with the heat from the display. Gotta love and hate Chemistry :P