Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GS3 4.4 Kit Kat CM11 - Nightly Updates won't Install

Every time I try to install the nightly update, it doesn't install, it reboots my phone straight to recovery, a few lines of text appear, and in a blink of an eye disappear, then it reboots again.
    I searched it up on the CM11, help section and someone had exactly the same problem with their "AT&T GS3" and they needed to update the boot loader, but the boot loader/modem was for only AT&T services.

I've searched for a while now and I can't find any downloads for my Sprint specific service boot loader and modem.
    I've even searched a few other forums and couldn't find anything, but I've found topics about Knox.
    Can you help me out!?

Default Re: GS3 4.4 Kit Kat CM11 - Nightly Updates won't Install

I had similar problems with CM on my Nook Color - it would download the update but always failed to install it, even when I manually booted into Recovery mode and selected the file. I finally gave up and reloaded the original Barnes & Noble firmware and got a Nexus 7 (2013) and just run the stock Google firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I could probably help you out but i would need some more information. What recovery are you using twrp, cwm? what version of software are you coming from stock? another Cm version? Do you have knox already? If you bought the phone recently or had it replaced then you probably have Knox. Also not all cm11 nightlys are good for the sprint gs3 and alot of them have issues.

You should probably try to flash a stock 4.3 rom and then flash the de samsungizer script. [CWM][4.2.2/4.3/4.4] DE-SAMSUNGNIZER Script V5.0.0 - Clean all unneded Samsung Crap - xda-developers

Follow the instructions here I used Philz recovery

Possible method to root 4.3

After you do this then you should wipe the phone and install cm 11

I had no trouble getting CM11 on my Sprint GS3 but i wouldnt trust every nightly as the new d2lte are unified for all qualcom models they tend to have more issues. Try using one of the older d2spr nightlys those seem to work better.
    Last edited by Conflict305; 04-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wow, that's like starting from square one.
    I already have it fixed, there was a problem with Philz Recovery, nightlies don't work with that specific recovery.
    I flashed CWM Recovery and then installed the nightly, worked 100%.
    Now i can update with ease...