Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Broken Screen Data Recovery

My phone had the final drop of death (broke the screen) a few weeks ago and i'm wondering how I can recover the data. The screen is COMPLETELY broken (Black screen, cracked, and no touch response). It turns on but only gets to the lock screen because I can't see it let alone enter the password. I've tried adb but it doesn't list my device as one of them when I connect it through USB. When I plug it in my computer recognizes it as "SPH-L710" which is the model number for the Sprint LTE version. If anyone has any idea how I can recover my internal data (pictures, video, etc) through ADB or some other process, please post away. If you're the lucky one that finds the fix, thank you, I have data in there I've been wanting to retrieve for weeks.

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Broken Screen Data Recovery

Welcome to the forums!

Since you have some sort of lockscreen you won't be able to access the phone through ADB or Kies until you unlock the screen (after all, that's the whole purpose of a lockscreen - to prevent unauthorized access to your stuff).

Obviously you could purchase a replacement screen assembly and once the new screen is on there you wouldn't have any issues. A couple of sources for replacement screen assemblies:
    http://m.repairsuniverse.com/samsung...ent-white.html

http://www.etradesupply.com/samsung-...-assembly.html

Or something like this should work - you connect the dock to your TV (via HDMI) and connect a USB keyboard/mouse for navigation.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

My screen doesn't work at all any more....and I can see all the files when I plug in the S3 to my computer via USB....but I don't know where to find my contacts (that are on my phone and weren't on my memory card) to transfer over to my new S4. Can anyone help or let me know how to get my contacts from the hard drive?

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wright2 View Post
    but I don't know where to find my contacts (that are on my phone and weren't on my memory card) to transfer over to my new S4.
    You can use the Kies software (just Google it - look for v3) to backup almost everything from your S3 and then restore it to your S4.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Hello, if you have enabled the USB debugging option on your S3 before, then you can use Android phone recovery software to scan the device and find your contacts. If not, you won't be able to do the recovery.