Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Galaxy S3 turns on only for a moment [VIDEO]

Hello everyone, and thank you in advance!

I have had this phone for a little over a 2 years now and it has always worked great. However recently it has had issues loading from cold start. It was having a little bit of trouble, but now it will no longer boot. I am uncertain of the reason, but hopeful that someone here might know.

Here is a video of the issue. The phone is unresponsive to the procedure to factory reset.

Thank You!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 turns on only for a moment [VIDEO]

Volume up, home, power at the same time?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 turns on only for a moment [VIDEO]

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoez View Post
    Here is a video of the issue.
    Any time the phone powers on merely by inserting the battery the Power switch/button is suspect. Tapping it isn't necessarily a fix.

You probably want to start by carefully removing the Power button (the little plastic piece that we press on - there are two legs that keep it in place).

If that doesn't help then it's time to open the phone up until you can get to the actual Power switch on the mainboard. You can try compressed air or electronic contact cleaner (be sure the battery is out) and see if that corrects the issue.

If not then it's time to remove the actual switch from the mainboard and replace it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk