Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Sprint Galaxy S3: 4.3 Storage Issue

After taking the 4.3 OTA update on my 32 GB GS III back when it came out and then re-rooting sometime later...and now restoring back to stock using the stock tar file from an XDA post which was around 1 GB in size my internal storage reads that the system memory is using 19.95 GBs....Have since re-rooted and installed CM and still get the same result..not sure what has happened but nothing i have done so far will clear the internal storage..

Any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix it?? Would re-setting my flash counter with Triangle Away have any affect on this?? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Default Re: 4.3 Storage Issue

You loaded a pre-rooted stock tar file from XDA, or the full-blown 4.3 firmware? This was using Odin?

Does the Storage view show the correct Total space, or that number is borked?Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

MK3 FULL stock tar extracted from Kies according to the XDA post here.. [FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock MK3 Odin FLASHABLE [4.3] - xda-developers

Storage does read the correct total space..32 GB...just that the System Memory is 19.95 GBs...

Before flashing stock, did you do a full wipe, including data?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Yes...

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by wpmetts View Post
    just that the System Memory is 19.95 GBs
    Can you post a screenshot of the Storage view?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Here are 2..2nd is from ES File..notice how it doesn't even acknowledge a 32 GB storage...

Posted via Android Central App

Sprint Galaxy S3: 4.3 Storage Issue-screenshot_2014-04-27-10-57-45-1-.pngSprint Galaxy S3: 4.3 Storage Issue-screenshot_2014-04-27-10-58-02-1-.png

Did you wipe /system prior to loading the latest OS image?

From your OP I can't tell when the problem started (after the OTA? after CM?).

On an unrelated note, it makes no sense to me that the Storage view looks so different - can't these people implement one view so that everyone can compare apples to apples?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk