How do I install Kit Kat 4.4.2 if I haven't received the notification yet?

Evo3DLover

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to my Settings, System Update section and it still says I have the latest software. Is there a Sprint link where I can download and install the software?

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Download this zip file onto an SD CARD. Restart phone while holding down volume up, power and home Buttons. Let go when you see tint blue writing. Select update from SD card. Find file. And let er rip.

billgio

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just did it..very easy. Not noticing any major differences yet but will have more time to dig into it tonight.

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

Will this work even if I'm not rooted?

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I just did it..very easy. Not noticing any major differences yet but will have more time to dig into it tonight.

The most obvious visual differences are the clear status bar and all white icons and new icons on lock screen. The under the hood differences are where the major changes happen. Especially ram usage.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really tech savy, can you please walk me through on how to DL the zip file to my phone, thanks.

Download the zip file on to an SD card. Restart the phone and hold down power button, home and volume up at the same time until you see little blue writing in the corner then let go. Select update from external SD card. Then select the zip file. It will proceed to restart a couple of times with yellow writing. Will take about 20 minutes.

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
This is very frustrating, I end up downloading the file but the file downloads to the phone itself, not to the SD card. What the heck am I doing wrong!