Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I install Kit Kat 4.4.2 if I haven't received the notification yet?

I went to my Settings, System Update section and it still says I have the latest software. Is there a Sprint link where I can download and install the software?
    Crisstyan Jyanu likes this.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Default Re: How do I install Kit Kat 4.4.2 if I haven't received the notification yet?

Sprint may not have released it for the S3 yet. If that says you have the latest software then you can't download it.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

Default Re: How do I install Kit Kat 4.4.2 if I haven't received the notification yet?

Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
    B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
    1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
    2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanked by:

Download this zip file onto an SD CARD. Restart phone while holding down volume up, power and home Buttons. Let go when you see tint blue writing. Select update from SD card. Find file. And let er rip.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Installing now...hope it works!

Let us know how it works.

Works just fine. Actually better in most cases.

I just did it..very easy. Not noticing any major differences yet but will have more time to dig into it tonight.

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
    B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
    1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
    2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

Will this work even if I'm not rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by ssweet97 View Post
    Will this work even if I'm not rooted?
    It ONLY works if you are stock and not rooted.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by billgio View Post
    I just did it..very easy. Not noticing any major differences yet but will have more time to dig into it tonight.
    The most obvious visual differences are the clear status bar and all white icons and new icons on lock screen. The under the hood differences are where the major changes happen. Especially ram usage.

So the Ram usage is much better?

Yes

mak916 likes this.

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

It ONLY works if you are stock and not rooted.

Not really tech savy, can you please walk me through on how to DL the zip file to my phone, thanks.

Not really tech savy, can you please walk me through on how to DL the zip file to my phone, thanks.
    Download the zip file on to an SD card. Restart the phone and hold down power button, home and volume up at the same time until you see little blue writing in the corner then let go. Select update from external SD card. Then select the zip file. It will proceed to restart a couple of times with yellow writing. Will take about 20 minutes.

What's the difference in this and waiting for the OTA, or is it the same update?

Thanks,
    Ham

Quote Originally Posted by HamRadioNut View Post
    What's the difference in this and waiting for the OTA, or is it the same update?

Thanks,
    Ham
    Same update

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

This is very frustrating, I end up downloading the file but the file downloads to the phone itself, not to the SD card. What the heck am I doing wrong!

This is very frustrating, I end up downloading the file but the file downloads to the phone itself, not to the SD card. What the heck am I doing wrong!
    Use a program like ASTRO to move it to sd card.

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

Use a program like ASTRO to move it to sd card.

Do I download the program or the file first, sorry about all the questions.

Just download Astro and you will be able to move the file, if it is on the phone itself, to the sd card.

Any word yet for a rooted version? I can wait but just wondering

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Download the zip file on to an SD card. Restart the phone and hold down power button, home and volume up at the same time until you see little blue writing in the corner then let go. Select update from external SD card. Then select the zip file. It will proceed to restart a couple of times with yellow writing. Will take about 20 minutes.

Will this show as a flash count on the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    Will this show as a flash count on the phone?
    Nope. This is OTA

mak916 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast